Scheduled TAH BIG PANTS or small pants | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BIG PANTS or small pants BIG PANTS or small pants

Unread 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
BIG PANTS or small pants

Dear Sisters
As I head into the last week with my uterus insitu, I am packing my bag for the hospital and can't seem to make up my mind on the type of knickers to buy. Might seem like a silly question, when there are far more pressing issues at hand, but this one has me going to the castle with NO knickers at the moment!!!!
Do I go the large type that go over or the smaller that go under, am not that comfortable with the large granny type up to my boobs look, but understand that these might be more appopriate due to stitches, blood etc.... suggestions would be welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Re: BIG PANTS or small pants

Will you have horizontal or vertical incision? That will affect what feels right. Maybe boyshorts with a soft waistband? Could what you already own work until you see what might work? You don't want to stock up on the wrong thIng, but maybe get one of each to try out? Also some hospitals provide stretchy mesh undies to get you started.
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM

I found any waist band uncomfortable - even my very stretchy pj pants. I was glad to have bikini underwear to wear home and then to be able to go without any since then. I've not had any blood or discharge and I'm not going anywhere so commando style is working for me right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM

The plan is to have a horizontal incision, where my previous c-section was. I cant remember what I wore back then. I have boy leg ones at home which I can take, could invest in one pair of larger ones I suppose....
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM

I say NO knickers!!
I bought granny panties (soft cotton not silky) 2 sizes larger than i normally buy. The hospital actually also gave me a pair.
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM

They are taking my cervix, am expecting to bleed. Might have to wear something for at least a while. But I like your thinking
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:06 PM

They took my cervix and ovaries and I had a TAH and I only spotted 2 days in the hospital and have not bled since then. I wore underwear that would be taller than my incision and they worked fine.
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM

I liked the undies given to me by the hospital. They were really soft and didn't have any seams in bothersome places.

Best wishes for an easy surgery and quick recovery!
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:37 PM

I had a SAH and bought the panties from the hyster store 1x. Larger ghan my reg size. They go over the incision and are soft and comfy to wear at the hospital and home. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:27 PM

For the first 2 weeks or so I continued to wear my Hanky Panky low rise thongs because I just couldn't stand anything on my belly apart from very soft clothing. Since then I've been wearing the Hanky Panky retro thong which are soft and lacy, come just below the BB incision and provide some control over my swelly belly and still have the thong at the back so I don't actually feel like a granny! Best of both worlds! However, they have a seam up the front so probably not good for ladies with a vertical incision.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register