Anyone else lose weight post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else lose weight post-op? Anyone else lose weight post-op?

Unread 03-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Anyone else lose weight post-op?

I did initially lose weight- probably ten pounds, and had no appetite for the first while, and only craved healthy foods like salmon with steamed asparagus (boy my hubby's learned to cook a whole repetoire of new foods while I shouted out instructions from the couch). Unfortunately, my appetite is back and then some, and the boredom set in, and all I could think to do all day was eat, so I'm back to my presurgery weight, but I don't really care- I wasn't chubby to begin with, just 5 pounds more than I like to be! I figure once I'm fully healed and back to my normal hyperactive lifestyle (minus the four days a month where I normally am in so much pain I have to lie down ) I'll look better than before! Can't wait!!!

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33
When I hear about everyone's weight loss, I have to admit I am abit jealous. At 1 week post-op I was 8 lbs heavier! Very frustrating given, the size of the uterus and fibroids they took out, four days of a fluid diet etc. The good news is everyday my DH tells me how great I look and that my tommy is noticably smaller.

I wouldn't trade those complements for the world.

I know we are all different and like other sisters, I am looking foward to a new lease on life....

Take care everyone.
Don't get discouraged........ Those pounds are most likely from the IV's and extra fluid that your body is holding onto as it is healing......

I came home from the hospital up 8# and have now lost that and 4 more.......
Unread 03-03-2006, 01:54 PM

me too pam gained about 5lb hope this is just due too healing hope so
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:43 PM

I am down 10 pounds since the operaton -2 weeks. I find my taste for certain foods has really changed, I am really enjoying fruits and veggies and salads-before I couldn't really care about fruit-I'm so glad my appetite didn't go the other way!!
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:44 PM

i have only lost about 5lbs, but i am not exercising yet. I have to gear up to go back to my desk job on Monday! I too am excited to eat better, i crave brocolli and green bean and lipton noddle soup. I know that has high salt. My DH says my stomach is flatter too! My feet look totally different, not puffy. I think my uterus and endo was cutting off my circulation. I never wore jeans for years after my son was born. I wore them once and a while, but they always hurt my stomach! I am looking forward to trying a pair on and not see a button impression on my skin!
Unread 03-03-2006, 05:35 PM

I was 16 lbs heavier when I came home from the hospital 7 days after surgery! I nearly #%&@^$ my pants!! LOL I hadn't held anything down for 7 days, but the doc said it was from all the iv fluids they were pushing. Five days later I was only 5 lbs over. Within another week I was back to my pre op weight. Right now, I'm about 2 lbs less than that. I am back to exercising, but not like I was before surgery. I am just the right weight, so am not worried about losing any, but don't want to add any either!
Unread 03-03-2006, 05:41 PM

I actually lost 18 pounds in 2 days! I weighed myself before I went for surgery, and after I got home. I now have lost 5 more pounds leading to a total of 23 pounds lost so far. I hope I don't gain back an ounce. I still want to lose 10 more pounds. I still can't fit in my skinny jeans tho. Not with this swelly belly.
Unread 03-03-2006, 05:55 PM

And why is that? I had a LAVH three weeks ago today and honestly, I am so much flatter, smaller, whatever you might call a blob in ones middle in the morning and so much more swollen in the evening...normal?? Yikes!
Unread 03-03-2006, 07:11 PM

I agree, I think the adeno I had created a lot of weight issues along with enlarged uterus. I lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. My appetite was fair to poor and now that I have it back I am going to try and stick with eating 5 small healthy meals and lots of fruit 20. (I can't stand plain water)I also walked for 10 minutes on treadmill today.Good luck to all.
Unread 03-04-2006, 01:44 AM

While I'm busy wallowing in self pity and torment from the multiple infections and complications from surgery, one great thing stands. I'm down a total of 28 lbs to date. Woo Hoo! It was so great at 5 weeks post op to put on jeans I haven't worn in over a year and a half. But unlike many of you, this has been a deliberate effort. Being overweight for 5 years now, it's at long last my goal to get back to that little, lean powerhouse I use to be. I felt that being gutted like a fish was a plus, not natures way of saying "ok now, we are going to take your metabolism from here". Oh no!

Exercise has not been what it was before, but I've been doing the Jorge Cruise program and that has made all the difference. Between his diet and exercise regimine, mall walking, and the doubling of my water intake I'm feeling lighter each and ever day. I just can't wait to go back to kickboxing, yoga and ab classes!

Congrats to all who've achieved a loss in weight. To those who haven't, it's never too late. We are women, and we can do anything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register