It's almost here. Feb. 27 Need cyber hugs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's almost here.  Feb. 27  Need cyber hugs It's almost here. Feb. 27 Need cyber hugs

Unread 02-18-2001, 03:00 PM
It's almost here. Feb. 27 Need cyber hugs

I'm so ready for my upcoming TVH. Thanks to all of you. Reality is setting in. I'm pretty nervous but not terified. I keep busy cleaning house and taking care of 3 DK and DH. I'm being extra nice now. They'll be taking care of me soon.

I work full time as a teacher. I've got an excellent sub lined up and lessons sre prepared. I've been stocking up the pantry and freezer for DK's and DH. I bout my H2O bottles, specialty teas and cran juice for recovery. I ordered my Hyster sis gown and already received my hyster sis note cards. They are sooo cute! My room is almost ready.

I started gathering things for the hospital:The usual bathroom items, note cards, stamps, pen, candy for visitors and staff, a clip board, magazines etc...

Donated my own blood friday. I got my eyelashed dyed too. Yep, my eyelashes. I have very light lashes and dye them (professionally) in the summer. Thought this would be a great time to get it done again. I go in on Wed. for pre-op.

Guess I'm nervous and just needed to talk to my sisters. Hope to be on the boards more often and I'll share when I get back.

Snooks, are you out there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2001, 03:24 PM
me too!

Hang in there!
I go in Feb 27th too!
I have to be there at 5AM!
Surgery scheduled for 6AM.
(knees knocking)
My biggest concern is "What to do with the chilin'"!

Children that is! LOL!
My only request from my doc is "If you have to do an incision in my lower abdomen can you throw a tummy tuck in free of charge?"
After babies and preious abdominal suregery and C/S too
Lord knows I could use one of those!

I'll be thinking of you sister Reina as they wheel me into the surgical suite hon!
Susan
Unread 02-18-2001, 03:51 PM
Hi Susan

Thanks for your reply. I report at 5:30am for a 7:30 surgery. Well be out of it at the same time... or close. I'm Pacific time (CA). I'ts so nice to not be alone in all of this.

My 12 yo DS will be staying with my parents. My 10 yo DS and 7 yo DD will be with my grandparents. My eldest goes to a different school, plus it's easier when they're split up. They will be taken care of while I'm at the hospital, leaving DH to wait on me hand and foot. When we all get home, I'm pretty much prepared to let the 4 of them run the house. OOOO that's a scary thought. I don't know what I'll wake up to find.

All I know is that I'm ready. I honestly don't think I can hold on much longer. Periods are frequent, heavy, clotty (Is that a word?) and PAINFUL, did I day PAINFUL. Drop to my knees and hope the vicodin will take the edge off. OOOH BABY! I'm finishing up now and ready for battle. DD suspects Adeno along with the broids, endo, and who know what all else they'll find in there.

I want a tummy tuck, too. It would be a little difficult going through the vagina though. LOL! Actually, I wanted a TAH not a TVH but after a LONG conversation w/DD, he assured me that we would start out TVH and could possibly end up TAH. I'ts a psycological thing with me. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Sounds wierd but when I had a tonsillectomy a few years back, slip of the tool left a tiny scar on my lip. No, couldn't happen down there. I have to find some humor in all of this.

Speaking of humor...I'm debating between a sticker (Tweety, Arrow ?) or drawing something on my abdomen in the area of left ovary where the stabbing pain is. Any ideas?

I'll be thinking of you too, Susan. Well have to compare notes after the crowning.

Sherl aka Reina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2001, 04:21 PM
hey ...you are twins!

Sherl and Sue...
{{{{{{{{{{hyster hugs}}}}}}}}}}
See you on the other side soon with those glistening jewels!
Don`t forget the chapstick and body pillow!
kaatie
Unread 02-18-2001, 05:25 PM

We'll definately both be out on the table at the same time!
Phew!
Well I just found out that kids have vacation week that week!
We'll farm the kidlings over to my mother and father-in-law for the day. hehehehe.
Maybe even let them spend the night!
Funny you mention vicodin!
Thats what my doc gave me for pain!
Throbbing left ovary to boot!
And yes "CLOTS" is a word round here!
I have them too. Nasty.
I'm on day 3 of my period now which has been coming every 3 weeks instead of 4. I'll be bleeding for the next few days and then the other pain will set back in...Its been a brutal circle I can sooooo relate!
The PAIN has been so bad I thought of ripping the darn thing out myself! Geesh.
If I had a gun I would have shot it!
Not really but the visual was working.
And for the body art?
In your case a Sylvester on one inner thigh and a tweetie on the other inner thigh!
And the words...
Spare body parts for sale!
What the heck.
((((Hugs))))
Sue
Unread 02-18-2001, 05:33 PM
Cyber Hugs!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sherl Sue}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
You sisters are in my thoughts and prayers!
It is wonderful that you ladies have a twin to chat with and that you found this 'gold mine'of a website early on so you could know what to expect!
Wishing you ladies a speedy recovery and all the pampering you deserve
Can't wait to get reports back from you two and see you with your shiny new crowns

God Bless.
Lissy
Unread 02-18-2001, 07:01 PM

Best of luck. I am an educator(Lamaze teacher) and you sound prepared!!Be thannkful you found this site pre-op. I am an rn and geared up for the pain,etc post op, but I did not expect so many other things after,like "swelley belley". Naturally, everyone goes thru it differently, based on age, health, and surgery,i.e.some have more complications,etc.I thought I would look and feel much better in the hospital if I put on makeup,etc. and I didn't do it for 2 weeks. so basically, take one day at a time,realistic expectations and you will do great. I did find helpful to buy underwear a size or two larger, draw string pants are better than sweats, as you can adjust them.I eventually had to invest in a few size larger pants and loose dresses once I could go to church and out. overalls are good too. ( a had tah/bso on 1/5.

Again, just log on here and you will find comfort.
Unread 02-20-2001, 04:03 PM
cyber hugs

Your story sounds like mine. I live in constant pain and ready to get on with living pain free. I go in on 2/28 for the same thing although I am having TAH. I love how prepared you are. I, too, am a teacher but not quite as planned as you...yet!! I'll be thinking of you on 2/27. I am interested to hear about your recovery. Good luck.

Unread 02-20-2001, 06:10 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH SUE AND SHERL!!!!!!! PRETTY THIS WILL BE ALL OVER.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register