Overdid it at 5 weeks - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overdid it at 5 weeks Overdid it at 5 weeks

Unread 03-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

hey sisters ! I agree with blonde babe... healing different ways. But I must say that our bodies do tell us when we have done too much ! Mine is sooo angry at me. I just dont know why I cannot say "stop and rest" to myself I can say that the pampering lasted 2 days and then it all went back to normal. I go back to work on the 20th as long as my 6 week checkup is okay. It has not been a relaxing recovery at all! Its almost like I was not even off!!!
Best of luck to us all is right !! Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

My dr. said no crunches for 6 months. I think that your body does tell you loud and clear when you have done too much. And when I listen carefully it even gives warning signals when I am getting too tired. Listen very carefully to what you are feeling. Also at 9 days I was only walking around the block...so don't rush it. It will save you time later on.
Unread 03-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

My doc also said no abdominal exercises for at least 4 more weeks. Said it could encourage a hernia where the muscles were weakened. Be careful with those crunches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

Ok, I have done worse - I am just 1.5 weeks post op - I am back to work one week to the day after surgery, and the 3rd day after surgery, home, and did laundry and changed sheets! (had laproscopic hyster, kept ovaries, but endure tons of "scraping" due to endo on both ovaries....) OK, so here I am at work, and I just swept (broom) and vac'd....I CANNOT STOP!!! I get "nervous" when I am not cleaning, but now I am worried I have done some kind of harm to my insides (I get some pretty good belly pains by 3 in the aft. )
ALO have a "new" boyfriend - NO not having vaginal sex, but DID perform oral sex for him!! (is this harmful to ME?)
oh gosh...sooo many concerns. HELP!
LOISLANE97
Unread 03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

Good to read all this stuff- I am less than a week from surgery but already thinking-maybe the swifter mop would be okay to use. Post surgical check up is not until the 24th. Idid tell myhusband-I will do the dishes- you do the floors-he said okay and left to do errands for the afternoon-then he goes to evening job-so here I sit with the dishes done and wondering maybe the swifter mop will be okay? I'm also thinking I should stop taking the pain pills to remind me that I am in pain and should not over do it. The laundry is also getting to me-if someone carries it downstairs-maybe I can follow carefuly and finish up?although wet laundry is hard to pull out ofthe machine to transfer. Maybe I will just go sit on the front porch and watch for robins.
Unread 03-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

Let your husband do the laundry too. I had my abdominal hysterectomy Jan. 31st and my husband did all the vacuuming, laundry, changing the bed linen, and cooking for me. He travels in his work and is gone for 6 to 8 weeks at a time, but his work put him on layoff so he could be with me. I had to sneak to do the dishes at 5 in the morning while he was sleeping. I know that I have a terrific guy and am very thankful for him. Before you try to do anything that you aren't suppose to do stop and think then don't do it. You don't know how many stitches you have on the inside. And is it worth hurting yourself? I know it's hard to not do the things that we are use to doing, but follow orders! My hubby is back to work this week. My Dad and my Mother in Law have both offered to run the sweeper for me. I'm sure you have someone who can help you with this too even a neighbor. I am doing laundry now (it's been 5 1/2 weeks) but I don't carry laundry baskets full. I do small loads and carry each upstairs as they are done. Best thing rest when you are tired and walk as much as you can increasing the walking each day.
Unread 03-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

well lets see... I am at 7wks and feel great!!!! I do all my housework except vaccuming. I have even caught for my daughter. She's a pitcher and softball is aroudnd the corner. Last sat night went out w/ the girls to a club and drank and danced the night away. WOW what a spark knock I had sunday morning. ha ha ha Tonight I am home alone and I have cleaned some more of those dust bunnies. I had to sweep and mop my kitchen and bathroom...I couldn't take it any longer. ha ha Now I am ready to relax and drink a cold beer. ahhhh Take it easy ladies and rest when you need it.
Unread 03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

There is no chance of me over doing it. I am still doing good to walk across the room or down the stairs once or twice a day. My incision has been leaking since I got home. I got my staples out yesterday and one end of the incision is open and had to be packed. It feels better to have the staples out, but I am still leaking. I will be so glad when it stops.

For those of you with no complications.....please be careful and do not over do it. You could easily tear something or rip stitches and set yourself back. Take it easy now, while you still can.
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

Cobweb:
At my four week post-op from TAH I specifically asked my doctor about the swiffer. I mean come on, it weighs what..an ounce? Seriously! My dr. said absolutely not. I think that's nuts but my dh was there and heard it so I guess I'm going to save all the dog and cat hair to make a sweater out of, cuz there's no way my husband is picking up anything that's called a swiffer!
Unread 03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Overdid it at 5 weeks

loislane why did you go back to work so soon they usually say 6 weeks doing laundry and vacumming could hurt you internally rip stitches inside cause adhesions im glad your feeling good but i would say slow down a bit as far as the sex remember they say nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks as this could cause an infection or tear internal stitches so slow down the house work will be there tommorow you only have one chance to heal right

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register