Am I selfish and over-reacting? (Updated) - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I selfish and over-reacting? (Updated) Am I selfish and over-reacting? (Updated)

Unread 03-30-2007, 04:39 AM
Am I selfish and over-reacting? (Updated)

My husband has redeemed himself! He has been very helpful, sweet and kind since we arrived in Istanbul. So I will forgive him for the time being. Surgery went well and I am feeling great!

Singinintherain, that is my Bichon Poo, Fibi. Aren't Bichons great? Where in Jersey are you from? I am from Lawrenceville.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2007, 06:25 AM

It's great to hear from you! I am so glad you're feeling great and so glad DH rallied. But here's a hint: Stay in your jammies and move slowly. Hold your abdomen protectively. Do this for at least three weeks. These will be body-language reminders to him that you are healing. Make sure he sees any lists of restrictions.

Stay in touch. (I lived in Madison NJ between '76 and '82)
Unread 03-30-2007, 06:48 AM

I'm so glad you're feeling well and everything went well, good suggestion from jandybee, keep reminding him you're still in recovery,rest and take it easy,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2007, 09:25 AM

WOW! I think hubby is trying to compete for some attention, why in the world would he do this so close to your surgery date? Someone needs to grow up. I hope you have other family around to help YOU because you are the one who will need it. Take care of yourself. Bless you....
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to know that things went well and your hubby is now being supportive of you.
Unread 03-30-2007, 09:41 AM

Yay, I'm glad he saw the light and redeemed himself, sometimes men don't think before doing. Great to see you are doing well...
Unread 03-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcatcher07
My husband has redeemed himself! He has been very helpful, sweet and kind since we arrived in Istanbul. So I will forgive him for the time being. Surgery went well and I am feeling great!

Singinintherain, that is my Bichon Poo, Fibi. Aren't Bichons great? Where in Jersey are you from? I am from Lawrenceville.
Hi Debbie! Glad to hear your DH is being sweet to you. Your dog is precious. Anything with Bichon in it is a fantastic dog. And I am so happy for you that surgery went well! Now, don't overdo, even if you feel great, okay? Please? Promise.

Oh, and I'm in south Jersey near Philly.
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Continuation of Am I Selfish and Over-reacting

My dh postponed his optional, elective laser laporoscopy for enlarged breasts after alot of abuse from me and his entire family. Then he flew back to Istanbul today "to be with me for my check-up", and then informed me that he had decided to go through with the procedure and wouldn' t be able to be with me at the appt . So he is in the OR right now having non-essential breast reduction and under the chin fat removal. Supposedly it is the new "lunch hour lipo", but the doctor told me we would be here at the hospital until at least 11pm and that he should probably stay overnight. Hello? What happened to the lunch break? Even though I had threatened him so much before hand, I just cannot bring myself to leave him here at the hospital and go home. Fortunately I really feel good, so it is not the end of the world for me, but still!
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:43 AM

I don't think you're being selfish or overreacting. What is he thinking? We all know how men can be when it comes to pain....they just don't seem to be able to handle it as well as women. Does he expect you to cater to his every need while he's recovering? What about your needs....you had major surgery, his is ELECTIVE. I would strangle my DH if he pulled something like this! I hope that you will continue to take care of yourself. Let him know that you are there for him but you will, in no way compromise your recovery.

I wish you the best

Wendy
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:13 AM

My sister's name is Wendy!

The dr wants him to stay overnight, he wants to come home. God forbid I have to take care of him at home! And I will not under any circumstances compromise my recovery! Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register