Week 8 post hysterectomy: Anyone feel EXHAUSTED? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 8 post hysterectomy: Anyone feel EXHAUSTED? Week 8 post hysterectomy: Anyone feel EXHAUSTED?

Unread 08-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Week 8 post hysterectomy: Anyone feel EXHAUSTED?

Hey Sisters!

YAY! Week 8 after my TAVH (I think that's the right letters) lol. I had robotic surgery June 20th and man oh man, no one can truly prepare you for that kind of surgery and recovery. I am a Orlando based singer. I also teach dance, voice, piano, etc. Anyone feel EXHAUSTED at times. Like the kind where you literally want to lay down in the middle of the day and fall asleep on the floor? I am still sleeping ok. Having issues with nightmares. Just wondering if it was just me and I need to change something in my vitamins, nutrition, etc. Sometimes I am WIRED with energy, just pumped to perform again. Then the wave of exhaustion hits and I am drained like I have never felt before. Still dealing with the soreness around my incisions too. Probably doesn't help I dance for a living. Too much Latin moves this Sunday! lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Re: Week 8: Anyone feel EXHAUSTED

Hello there

I noticed that your ovaries are removed. Are you on any HRT...? If not it might be time to discuss things with your doctor as that might be contributing to that fatigue/extreme tired feeling that is going on.

Here is something to read when you talk with your physician:
Hormone Imbalance

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 08-09-2016, 09:33 AM

I'm week 5 tomorrow and have just had this conversation with my mum! I'm am beyond exhausted! Still off work thank goodness! I have literally no energy! Even typing this is an effort. I came on here to see if anyone else felt the same! Am guessing it's all part of recovery? I was exhausted before the surgery but not like this! If I wasn't in bed already it's where I'd be off to next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2016, 10:03 AM

Yes, no ovaries and on HRT. Premarin .625. Sometimes I am high energy (mainly just to be able to finally move on-took me 6 years to get the help I needed) but then BOOM, fatigue like I have never felt hits me...usually towards the end of the day. Glad to hear I am not the only one! Plus I feel like it's been FOREVER for the recovery but eight weeks is really nothing for our bodies. As a Personal Trainer for over 20 years I always say sometimes we take for granted our health and make up 100 excuses for not being active and then when you are "broken" all you want to do is exercise. lol. Slowly but surely!
Unread 08-09-2016, 12:32 PM

You will get there sweet lady. It is just going to take a little more time. Have you talked to your doctor about what is going on...?
*hugs*
Unread 08-09-2016, 01:44 PM

Hello, When our bodies still have healing going on then fatigue can still hit. You are exerting yourself, so expect the drain. Plus the biggie is reduced estrogen. Talk to your Dr about how youre feeling & your activity level. The nightmares usually bc reduced estrogen. I had them (very vivid scary) nightmares a couple times.

Im not on HRT, but I try to modify symptoms w diet. Soy to produce estrogen naturally. The body needs protein to heal & with you being more physically active, maybe you need a protein boost pre & post. See if that helps. B12, B complex?? Stay well hydrated as Im sure you already know.. Also check your thyroid (3 tests) bc relation w hypothyroidism & menopause..

😊

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register