update on lydia/venting/frustrated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

update on lydia/venting/frustrated update on lydia/venting/frustrated

Unread 12-17-2001, 11:09 PM
update on lydia/venting/frustrated

Hello Sisters:

Since i had not been on in awhile,thought i would send an update. Yesterday, went to Emergency Room in pain,but, prior to going i had called my gyn doctor who suggested i go to e.r. because he didn't feel right prescirbing pain meds over the phone because he thought he would be covering up another problem. I had an appt on Dec 21st,but,because the office was closing half day my appt was cancelled and moved to Jan 14th. I couldn't believe they had moved it.

Anyway, went to E.R. and they took blood tests,Pelvic Xray,which i knew wouldn't show up anything and they did a Pelvic Exam,whcih left me in even more pain. Needless to say after waiting many hours waiting to get in, i was even in more pain after being discharged. Good news was that my blood count went up to normal level of 14,but,again the doctor did not know why or where my pelvic pain was coming from, so i left the e.r. again not knowing what the root of my pain was. They prescribed Tylenol #3 and Anaprox to hold me over until i see the Gyn on Jan 14th. Maybe now that i am no longer Anemic,then maybe,just maybe the gyn will do my surgery,but, now, well, i don't know what to believe or who for that matter. They keep telling me, oh, you will get your surgery date,but,well, i haven't received it yet. Sometimes, I wonder, if ever, i will ever get the surgery date,then, again, maybe it was not meant for me to get the surgery and maybe now i will just have to tolerate the pelvic pain i have.
But, when you are on County Insurance, you are just a number that is all,not an individual. They don't care what happens and they will take as long as they want. Then i recently learned that the State is trying to discontinue the County Insurance,cutting out the whole Program. Imagine that? How do they expect people to survive with out medical insurance? Search me..

Anyway, i am just fed up with this mess,waiting and waitng and waiting, i still haven't received a date for my surgery yet,they keep promising,but to no avail. What do they take me for an idiot?
Anyway, as close as i have come to getting a surgery date, i am seriously thinking of giving up,just forgetting about the surgery. It is just not worth fighting for. It is not worth the frustrations. But, I will have to say that Endo, I don't wish this disease on anyone. It has messed up my life immencely. I don't have a life,what is life for being in bed day in and day out and fighting to go to work hurting and in pain,that is no way to live and not be able to enjoy it or having to cancel appts with friends because you are having pelvic pain,and then it gets to the point that your friends don't call anymore because you are always telling them you are sick and you are cancelling all the time,that is my quality of life now.,work,sometimes sleep,heating pads and pain pills,there is no fun in my life.
Well enough of my venting, sorry to be such a winer. Most likely i won't be on line tomorrow, Tuesday, because i need time to think my frustrations out. I spoke of these concerns with my therapist and we are working on ways for me to deal with these issues. Anyway, at least,some good news, i am now able to drive again. The DMV allowed me to drive.
I do appreciate everyone's support and concern and prayers. I wish you all have a good day tomorrow without pains.
Love always,
Lydia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 05:47 AM

Lydia, I'm very sorry you are in pain and I certainly hope this will all be resolved very soon for you. If you are in pain could your doc's office take you before the 21st? Most of the time if you tell the appointment scheduler that you are in pain you will become a priority. I would try this today and see if you couldn't get in tommorrow. Tell them you are in pain and need to be seen ASAP.

I'll be thinking about you and let us know what happens.

s

Sherry
Unread 12-18-2001, 06:30 PM

(((((Lydia)))))

I'm so sorry about the run around you are getting. I will keep you in my thoughts and in my prayers!

Much Love and 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 05:57 PM

Don't give up Lydia!!!!! I know it's overwhelming right now and you've been putting up with the run around for awhile...but keep on them. You deserve to feel better. We are our own best advocates!!! Sending some prayers your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register