when to reschedule | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when to reschedule when to reschedule

Unread 06-10-2001, 11:21 AM
when to reschedule

Tomorrow I call my doc to give him an update on how I'm feeling so we can reschedule the surgery. I'm feeling better from the bronchitis, but not 100% yet - I'm still coughing a little but don't have the really bad coughing fits. Based on how I've improved from friday to today, I really feel like I should be ok by Wednesday (he only does surgery on Wednesdays) I'm afraid that he may say to wait until I'm through with the antibiotics, which puts the date as the 20th.

I feel like I'm in this limbo land. I was so ready to have the surgery last week - I even had my bags packed. I want it to be over with as soon as possible so I can start getting back to normal. At the same time I know I don't want to risk anything if I'm not 100%.

I'm just frustrated and need to vent. I went to the grocery store today and didn't know if I should get groceries for three days or for a week.

Thanks for putting up with my venting, and please think good thoughts for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2001, 11:54 AM
when to reschedule

Hi DallyJo,

I can imagine how hard it was for this to happen. In the end, of course, playing it safe to avoid a bad outcome is the most logical course to take. Who knows, maybe your dr will feel that having the antibiotics in your system won't hurt. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Unread 06-10-2001, 07:52 PM
when to reschedule

{{{DallyJo}}} I'm so happy that you're feeling better

As EM pointed out, it is most important that you are healthy enough to undergo the surgery. I remember reading that the most important issue here is how clear your lungs are.

I know that the wait IS the hardest time, but you need to be sure that you can get through it, with no additionnal issues to deal with.

Hang in there, Honey, you're almost there!!! And we're right there, cheering you on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register