Funny the stuff you hear - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny the stuff you hear Funny the stuff you hear

Unread 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Re: Funny the stuff you hear

JCHart,

After your post, I take back what I said earlier about "hoof in mouth" disease. Obviously the disease they are suffering from is more serious, I call it an "Acute case of NCS," No Common Sense!

Wow, people are something else!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM

One of my younger staff today was talking to me about the surgery and she says...I would be so embarrased to have them sticking a tube in my butt... she thought a hysterectonmy was endoscopy... hehe
Made me laugh!
Unread 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM

Ow! Don't make me laugh!
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM

I am over 50 now but I can remember when I was in 5th grade my mom had her hyster, I remember even at that age other people telling me oh she should be up and around in 48 hours.. man o man.. even back then the hystersisters were getting crap..
Unread 07-10-2009, 08:31 AM

I was still in the hospital on day 2.....hmmm. But I don't run anyway lol! I heard that my male boss was wondering if I would come back a little early and got that idea shut down. I freely admit to being the laziest wench on the planet and I revel in my "time off"
Unread 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM

My own mother, who had a hyst when she was 33 for endometriosis, said I should be up and running around in probably a week or so. I guess she forgot how much my sister and I had to do when she was recovering (I was 13 at the time). She had a checklist and daily schedule we had to follow and I know it was for a lot more than one week. She also had follow up surgery about 9 yrs ago because for some reason they didn't remove her ovaries in the initial surgery and she had regrowth of endometrial tissue in her pelvis and abdomen. At that time, she took 2 months off work.

Funny thing now, is I've made a checklist and daily schedule for her when she comes here to help out. My DH has to go back to work after the first week so we'll see how it goes.
Unread 07-10-2009, 09:02 AM

I'm having a TAH/BSO on the 21st so I'll be thinking of you during yours! Best of luck with everything and take your time healing. You deserve it!
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catarina View Post
...and a coworker emailed this morning to say she'd talked to 2 women last night who said they went back to work 2 wks after their surgery. She said "don't worry, I won't tell the boss ". So, I guess there's going to be some who think I'm taking too much time off too. Oh well, I'm not rushing back early to impress anyone. I've worked when I didn't feel well for most of my life. That's why I have 13 wks of sick leave on the books. It's time to use a bit of it.
Wow, Cathy - 13 weeks of sick leave?? I think you've earned a little downtime, don't you?

For anyone suggesting you are taking too much time off - just reply "It's what my Dr recommended for my procedure."

I admit, prior to the surgery, I was hoping to get back within 4 weeks. Not any more - I'm taking the full 6 weeks my Dr suggests. If I feel good the last 2 weeks, that's even better. I've had to use the last 7 vacation days I had for this year & take 5 weeks unpaid leave. I won't get any more time off the rest of the year so I'm going to make the best of this!!
Unread 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM

Funny how attitudes have changed. Ever since I found out that my dr. wanted an oncologist to assist, they've been way more supportive. I don't think they'll find cancer, so I haven't felt much more worried but the ones who were so dismissive of my concerns now seem to need a ton of reassurances. Crazy
Unread 07-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach300 View Post
I call it an "Acute case of NCS," No Common Sense!
Wow, people are something else!
you could only wish it was acute for some folk, but no, it seems to be a chronic disease for many....and also not cute.

All I say is don't hate cuz I got 2 months off from work and still got paid. Appreciate!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register