another success story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

another success story another success story

Unread 04-06-2005, 04:13 PM
another success story

I had a LAVH on 2/17/05, so Im 7 weeks post. I totally agree that the waiting truely is the hardest part. The 2nd worst is the trouble with BM's. I swear by metamucil, (I need it twice a day for my IBS). The 3rd is bordum, so don't over do it. (I popped a stitch on my 12 day, it set me back 5 days). Around the 2nd week it was really hard to keep off my hubby, if you know what I mean The first time I was cleared for sex and did it, it was ok no pain, no spotting,no soreness the following day. I had the big "O" the second time. I just had a week of almost getting close but no cigar, which really had me frustrated and scared, but had the big "O" last night. So ladies, we can put too much pressure on ourselves. Ive been back to work for a week and a half and Im back to myself. I even raked a little last night and it felt good. I wasn't even sore today. I bought myself a bike and starting riding, but ouch my hiney hurts bad. Let me tell you how nice it is not to run to the bathroom all the time, and the pain totally gone. Good Luck to all. And yes I found all of my info here and not from my Dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2005, 05:12 PM
another success story

I am glad to hear that you are recovering nicely.

Take care and enjoy life post-op.

s
Unread 04-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Good for you!

Lindalala,

Isn't it great to be able to look back and realize just how far you have come in recovery?

I'm very happy for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

May life just get better and better!

S!!!

Cinderellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 05:56 AM
another success story

Hi

I'm 7 wks post op too feeling ok, just a bit of swelly belly towards the end of the day, thats because I have been over doing things quite a lot since the fire at my house.

Started HRT just over a week ago but still getting hot flushes and sweats. Going for my checkup on the 25th April got loads of questions to ask the consultant.

Back in jeans which is great and back walking with the group I belong to all I need now to make my life nearly complete is to be allowed to get in the garden and sort out all those weeds that have taken up residence.

best wishes to you all and happy healing

lots of luv
Carol
Unread 04-08-2005, 06:10 AM
recovering

It is wonderful that you are feeling great now.

I too had a good recovery.

Yes, the bike riding took me the longest to get back into. The first time at 4 weeks post op-I only rode 1/2 block and decided it hurt my hiney too much. I waited several more weeks, and finally by 8 weeks post op I was riding many miles without any discomfort.

And I have a padded gel seat (on my bike-not my hiney )

Take care, those weeds aren't going anywhere!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register