Weird Fluttering Heart? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird Fluttering Heart? Weird Fluttering Heart?

Unread 06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a feeling like your heart kind of skipped a beat and then caught up with it's self. I know that sounds weird but it has happened to me before I had the surgery and it would scare me to death. It only happened right before I would start my period. It has happened a couple of times since the surgery. I had test done before the surgery because of the heart thing, but nothing was found. They said that it was hormone related. I was just wondering if anyone else had expierienced this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

Yep! I had a fluttering and /or racing heart every time I laid down for the entire month before surgery. It was accompanied by a strange 'electric' type tingling all over. I told every doctor I could find, but they would just shrug . It's mostly gone now, but I still notice it every now and then.

But the all over muscle twitches are still here, dang it!
Unread 06-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

Yes, I did notice it *alot* before I had my surgery. It would scare me to death, also. Especially when I was driving. Fortunately, I have not noticed it since my TAH. I hope that is a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

I have heart palpitations at times and when I would have these, I'd cough at the moment to try to regulate my heartbeat. I had surgery (TVH/TVT) on the 3rd and have had trouble with panic attacks since. Yesterday I could feel my heart fluttering and it wouldn't stop. I felt like pins and needles all over my skin, light headed and thought I might pass out. That of course set off one panic attack after another so I went to the Dr. right away. I'm going the have my heart checked out soon with a cardiologist and was put on Xanax. Dr. wants to see if I have a heart valve prolapse. I also smoke (which can cause heart palpitations). I just never had a palpitation last that long or made me feel the way it did. I am headed to the stop smoking support group. I want to feel good, be healthy and happy.
Unread 06-30-2005, 05:30 AM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

Hi. I have had these in the past. It is a scary feeling. I had them so bad that I went to my doctor, she did an EKG and a Holter Monitor and both tests showed PVC's. Nothing harmful at all...doctor said not to worry about it.

They lasted for about 8-9 months (constant...it was horrible) but then once I was told what they were and I didn't think about them as much, they went away. I hope they don't come back, but they might.

I also think they were hormone related, although my doctor never did any testing along those lines. She did check my thyroid, though, and that came back okay.

Try not to worry about them...my doctor did say they were caused by stress and excessive alcohol, smoking, and caffeine. I don't drink a lot or smoke, but I did cut my caffeine by more than 80%.

Best wishes.
Frasier
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

Hi Jamie,

I have had them for awhile. The first time it was really annoying. It was in the middle of the night. I sat straight up and pounded on my chest. Everyone was sleeping and I thought my heart was stoppping. Mine was like BEAT< BEAT< Pause BOOM! I went for an echocardiogram, and they found nothing. I think at that time they were looking for mitral valve prolapse. My doctor thought I could be caffeine intolerant. I have caffeine now, and feel the little flutters occasionally. I too cough to get it back on track. During the dreaded waiting period for this surgery, I had it daily. Stress also makes it happen. Have a doctor check you out, that way it will put your mind at ease. I think of it as an angel touch now, it doesn't scare me now. I've had my heart race a couple of times. My dads doctor diagnosed him with a race horse heart. He was told to bear down like having a bowel movement and it helps the heart slow down and get back to a normal beat. Have you ever felt it when you are trying to sleep? I was told you will feel/hear it when you sleep on your left side. If you lay on your right side you don't experience it as much. Good Luck! Check it out and try not to worry.

Hugs,
Kathleen
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

I've had these also . . . . related to my blood loss/anemia issues. Have you had a recent blood work up? That could be causing the heart fluttering/palpitations. I've heart a lot of others with anemia that also experience this.

jmw
Unread 06-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

you are on to another reason. I was anemic!!! This site is wonderful. I also was addicted to chewing ice. To put all of this evidence together, I feel like a mystery solver now.

Hugs,
Kathleen
Unread 06-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

my doctor did say they were caused by stress and excessive alcohol, smoking, and caffeine

Well...I don't drink, smoke, or use caffeine....soooo I must be VERY stressed then!!!!
Unread 06-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Weird Fluttering Heart?

Hi morningrain,

You made my day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register