The house Dictator | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The house Dictator The house Dictator

Unread 11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
The house Dictator

OK, well I had a fabulous weekend with no bleeding and very little pain. I got lots of things done and got some fresh air and felt refreshed and alive. THEN I went to bed last night and woke up in the middle of the night in terrible pain and I am still trying to get it under control now. Not that I have ever had control of it! It's like house ruler (my uterus is the almighty ruler of the mood and physical condition of others in my house!!) was listening and as soon as my surgery was approved, it stopped being a pain for a few days. Now that my Husband is gone for 2 weeks, it decides to act up again! I was hoping to get at least a few more days where I could get things done and not have that "look" on my face. The Dr's should start doing face lifts with hysterectomies to get rid of all our lines left from being in pain for so long! I also called my Dr's office this morning and asked for something stronger for pain. A person from the Dr's office called back and told me to take Motrin/IBU. I kind of giggled and said I was having a hysterectomy in 15 days for MAJOR fibroids and I take more Motrin than a person should take and it doesn't touch the pain anymore. The person told me that is all there is for that pain and I could try ice. Now I am a bit grumpy about this conversation and I told her to go back and tell the Dr that I am taking Motrin 24 hours a day and still unable to function and I NEED pain meds so ask her if there is anything else she could prescribe for me? I never heard back and the office is closed now.....I could interperate this different ways. Since my Husband is a provider, I know the people answering the phones do not always pass on the messages so the Dr's don't get their messages. OR.....they just figure I don't deserve a call back? Now, this is the Dr who is doing my surgery, if I can't get a call back BEFORE surgery......can I count on a call back if I need them AFTER surgery? I'm going to need some answers from my Dr tomorrow before I go see another one. No call back is like a slap in the face to me. Hope someone else had a better day!

Teri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
The house Dictator

((Teri))

Sorry about pain and grumpiness!

And I would try again tomorrow, tell them that you didn't get a call back like expected. It could like you said and someone didn't pass the message on. Or the doc could have had an emergency surgery or something and didn't get back to the office.

I sure hope they can help you so you can get some things done before your surgery and rest a bit too.

Let us know what the doc says.

Buzylady
Unread 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
The house Dictator

No one should suffer pain like that. Maybe you could "forget" to pay your doctor's bill...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
The house Dictator

English....
Good luck tomorrow! Hope you get some sleep tonight. Have a speedy recovery and we will be waiting to hear your story. I'm a few weeks behind you......see you on the other side.
Unread 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
The house Dictator

Pain makes me very angry! I have a very high pain tollerance but this is getting me PO'd! I try to do some meditating to calm the pain along with my new best friend, the heating pad. I would rather endure the pain of tattoo'ing my eyeballs than put up with this much longer! I agree that the Dr deserves another phone call to get an explanation of what happened today. I don't want to come across as a problem patient but I do expect my needs to be respected and addressed.
Unread 11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
The house Dictator

navygypsy...

As I do need to call my doctors office tomorrow regarding when to stop taking prescription meds and dietary supplements. I will need this info before my post-op appointment, as it is so close to my surgery date.

My surgeon is on vacation (out of state) until almost Thanksgiving, and I may need to stop the meds before then.

As I place the call, I will clearly recall as you stated so well... 'I don't want to come across as a problem patient but I do expect my needs to be respected and addressed.'

I think you have hit the nail on the head for many us here in regard to our own frustration and I will not hesitate to repeat these words, if at any point it does appearant that I am being dismissed so casually!
Unread 11-04-2008, 06:47 AM
The house Dictator

Good luck with your call today, I hope you are treated well. My Pre-op isn't until 7 days before my surgery so I am going to live with all my meds until then. I take Synthroid and Topomax and I can't stop them. I just hope they continue to give them to me in the hospital. I'm not going to remember! I talked to my Husband last night and he reminded me of what I am always telling him......the Dr works for the Patient. He is a provider and sometimes he gets the 2 positions confused and I have to pull him back to reality. The Dr is in more simple terms....hired help. I don't want that to sound like I think they are beneath me because I don't. But all too often the Dr forgets that we hired them......they didn't hire us. We are paying them to take care of us with competance, honesty and caring. If your landscaper does a half@$$ job, do you keep him around or look for a new one? We have to be in charge of our bodies and healthcare. I have no problem looking for a new Dr if i'm not comfortable with the current one. Since we recently moved here, I don't really have a relationship with this Dr anyway. It would set my surgery back but I need complete confidence in the person who is holding my life in their hands. Sorry, I rambled a bit. I haven't finished my coffee yet!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register