ACNE??? why and is it a side effect from hormones?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ACNE???  why and is it a side effect from hormones?? ACNE??? why and is it a side effect from hormones??

Unread 08-27-2009, 03:53 AM
ACNE??? why and is it a side effect from hormones??

good morning everyone. i woke up with 2 pimples on my face... kind of puzzling because i never break out!!! i use Evamist (2 sprays a night ) but have been on it for at least a month now....
i got through the night sweats, the hot flashes and the sleeplessness, but now this! anyone else?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Re: ACNE??? why and is it a side effect from hormones??

I was going to post this same question.....I have been getting outbreaks along my chin and neck like I did in my teens and twenties!
Not helping me feel better about myself during this time! I have to guess it's the hormones since they are simular to the BC pill I was on at that time. Maybe someone has a better answer????
Unread 08-27-2009, 06:54 AM

I am not taking any hormones and am too experiencing breakouts along my forehead and cheeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2009, 07:21 AM

Me too! I had TLH and kept my ovaries on 8/3, but have some hot flashes since surgery and this past week noticed my face and hair greasier than normal and breakouts on chin, jawline, around nose and cheeks. I do believe it's hormone related, as the last time this happened to me I had been WAY overdue for my period and the Dr said it was that my body's progesterone didn't kick in, so it was an overload of hormones leading up to my period, that the progesterone bormally "turns off." I ended up going on the pill for that (and my PMDD) and was fine after that. It would make sense that this is similar. I'm going to check with my Dr to see if I should be on some kind of hormone to get my ovaries to kick back in gear and running properly.

Good luck everyone! Let us know how things go!! HUGS to my healing Sisters!!
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:42 AM

I had red, ugly pimples on one side of my face last week. I figured there was nothing I could do as someone once told me over the counter acne stuff is for dirt buildup, not hormones. But I ended up buying some Walgreens brand generic Proactiv (Walgreens Skin Essentials 3 Step Acne System $12.99) to at least try it out. My skin cleared up totally in 3 days although you could see a massive improvement within the first day. I can't say it'd work for everyone but it's worth a try & not too expensive!
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:50 AM
ACNE??? why and is it a side effect from hormones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoYouTurUs View Post
I had red, ugly pimples on one bside of my face last week. I figured there was nothing I could do as someone once told me over the counter acne stuff is for dirt buildup, not hormones. But I ended up buying some Walgreens brand generic Proactiv (Walgreens Skin Essentials 3 Step Acne System $12.99) to at least try it out. My skin cleared up totally in 3 days although you could see a massive improvement within the first day. I can't say it'd work for everyone but it's worth a try & not too expensive!
Yes! Most of the otc pimple remedies are effective for dirt/oil/bacteria only. I have used Proactiv before and just started using it again. Works great on hormone-related breakouts!!! Wish I knew there was a generic!! Thanks for that info!
Unread 08-27-2009, 11:28 PM

I already had a problem with cystic acne every month. I see a dermatologist regularly and thought it was under control, but you should have seen my chin two weeks out from my LAVH/BSO!!! I had the biggest cyst I have ever had on my chin!!!

Luckily, I already had a derm appointment the same day as my two week recheck with my gyn. My derm was horrified and said she thought it was because of the rush of hormones trying to escape... :roflol She had to completely change my meds, so now I'm taking yet another antibiotic (I think I've tried them all!!!) and using yet another cream on my face... I've been using it all religiously every single day and my face is clear for the first time in a really really long time!

I thought I wouldn't have to deal with this after I got rid of my "girlie plumbing"...

Laura

LAVH/BSO - 7/20/09
Unread 08-28-2009, 04:00 PM

I get red dots on my forehead and side of my nose it got so bad a few years ago I got some steriod cream from the DR and it cleared up in a few days, I keep it around now, if I forget to use my Estrodial gel even one time with in 36 hours I break out, not as bad as before when I was taking my full dose but still noticeable, not good. I was getting them almost weekly for 6 months while I was slowly but surely tweaking my BIO ID HRT to half of what I orinally started at. From doing reading and research I felt those original doses were to high for me by the way I was feeling, I am down to 1/2 gram E a day now and 1/4 gram mid day of P 14 days of the month.. SEEMS To work well for me now, but it was a long haul trying to get it there..
Unread 08-29-2009, 09:44 AM

I realize that when I was trying the patch I had less outbreak than when I switched to the gel. The gel seems to be less effective for me in other ways too. I guess it is finding the right dose and delivery ! Can't happen soon enough for me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register