Abdominal Hyste Total | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal Hyste Total Abdominal Hyste Total

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Abdominal Hyste Total

I am schedule to have an Adominal Hyster in March. I am very afraid to face the pain afterwards. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Re: Abdominal Hyste Total

bpicke I had my TAH in March of last yr. It was one of the best things that I've ever done and it improved my quality of life tremendously. Know that everyone's recovery is unique to them and everyone heals at a different pace. I can tell you that my recovery was fairly easy and my pain was manageable. I'm not saying that I didn't have any not so good days, but the good days far out numbered the bad. Will you have pain, yes. How much pain will you have, I can't answer that. Will you get through this, Without a doubt!
You have come to the right place. I found this site the day before my surgery. I wish that I would have found it sooner. You will find tremendous support here and it's an excellent source of information. Know that you are not alone. The same fears and concerns that you have, many or all here have experienced the same things.

If you look in the hysterectomy checkpoints section, you'll find pre op and post op checkpoints broken down into weeks so that you have an idea of where you are and will be at each stage.
Know that we are here for you

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Abdominal Hyste Total

Hello,

Thank you for your advice. I am finding this website very helpful.

Thanks,
bpicke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM

I had my Total Abdominal Hysterectomy on jan 2nd. I have done better than I imagined before the surgery. My incision healed nicely and the pain is decreasing. The hardest part for me in the beginning was getting out of a bed and chair. That has steadily improved and I actually was able to sleep on my side last night. I had a pain pump when in the hospital to keep my pain under control. The hardest part was the first 2 days but I got thru it and was out of bed the day after surgery. Best Wishes!!
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:31 AM

I had my TAH 8 weeks ago. Being anxious about surgery is normal as our greatest fear in life is the unknown. However, the pain experienced during the recovery phase of a TAH is not as great as we imagine & it is totally manageable. Why? You are given enough pain medication in hospital & at home to control it.

By the end of week 3, I was relatively pain free. If l overdid things, l experienced (& still experience) internal pulling & tugging sensations which require nothing more than rest. I have good days & bad days - mainly due to the lethargy caused by an iron deficiency that I still have.

We all heal differently. Try to remain positive & picture yourself at the end of this experience. I know that having my TAH is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

"Short term pain for long term gain"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register