I have a beautiful scar☺️ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a beautiful scar☺️ I have a beautiful scar☺️

Unread 04-17-2015, 11:42 AM
I have a beautiful scar☺️

My doctor told me yesterday at my 1st post op check that my uterine fibroids had started splitting. If we had waited, the next phase ( I cannot remember the word he used and it's driving me nuts????) would have been a rare cancer and I would not have survived. So today I am looking at my 7 inch vertical scar differently, and praising the Lord for it, as it saved my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Re: I have a beautiful scar☺️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terijova View Post
My doctor told me yesterday at my 1st post op check that my uterine fibroids had started splitting. If we had waited, the next phase ( I cannot remember the word he used and it's driving me nuts????) would have been a rare cancer and I would not have survived. So today I am looking at my 7 inch vertical scar differently, and praising the Lord for it, as it saved my life!
My situation was completely different to yours,i didn't have a life threatening condition but during my laprascopic surgery when my stomach was filled with the carbon dioxide they lost all my vitals and so my surgeon made the quick decision to open me up from hip to hip to speed things up,i was kept in recovery for 7 hours and needed oxygen for 3 days,my surgeon actually apologised the next day for my large incision,but i thanked him for taking such good care of me,So like you i will always have strong thoughts about my incision,sending you big hugs and warm wishes Shelagh🌺
Unread 04-17-2015, 04:10 PM

My surgery was for cancer. My 7" vertical scar is a symbol that I'm tough enough to beat cancer. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2015, 09:17 PM

I have a beautiful 7" vertical scar to get that 8"(22 cm) tumor out before it caused more damage! I could finally eat properly....
Unread 04-17-2015, 09:25 PM

I have a beautiful horizontal 6" scar....
Got the endometriosis eating my uterus and got my only ovary before it got toxic since the blood supply was being cut off from the blood vessels and ligaments being all twisted as it was glued onto the back of my uterus.
Unread 04-18-2015, 12:20 AM

This site is an amazing place,without this site i would never of realised so many women had a hysterectomy,let alone one that saved their life,until i found this site i knew one person who had had a hysterectomy my sister inlaw who lives hundreds of miles away,i'm not sure how i would of got through this journey without you all,my surgery was rough,but 71/2 weeks later,i am no longer anaemic and that has already made such a difference to my life, i'm looking forward to a future with out all the problems,and most of all without blood transfusions,Sending you all big hugs and the warmest of wishes,kind regards Shelagh🌺

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register