How many got their appendix out also? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How many got their appendix out also? How many got their appendix out also?

Unread 08-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Mine was removed also

My doc took my appendix during an abd. hysto due to thickening in it. He had previously told me that he'd look at it and take it only if he saw something. He thought maybe it was contributing to the buring sensation on that side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2008, 07:42 PM
How many got their appendix out also?

I had mine out five years ago because it was full of endo.

Tophatt10
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:16 PM

I wish mine had been taken out. One less surgery to worry about!
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtoteach

Me too. I didnt find this site till about a week before my surgery. I just noticed reading alot of posts here in the past few days about gals getting their appendix out also at same time as hysterectomy. Darn if I had noticed or knew it could be done I would have asked to had that sucker taken out while they were right in there lol.
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtoteach
Actually, I would not think you need to worry about a future surgery if you did not have your healthy appendix removed. Most of us do not worry about having our gallbladder, a kidney, spleen, pancreas, a lung, breast(s), bladder, intestine, or any other currently health organ removed now just because down the road they might end up diseased. Many of us who have had an appendectomy at the time of our hysterectomy is because our appendix was not perfectly health and other conditions in our body dictated probable cause for an appendectomy. When an appendectomy is done without a hysterectomy, it is often done in an emergency situation which sounds scarier than a planned surgery. But many of the other organs removed from our bodies are also removed only in an emergency. A hysterectomy and oopherectomy are two surgeries that unless cancer is present are generally not done on an emergency basis and we have time to plan and think and decide so it lets our minds wander as to what else could happen in the future that could force us into an emergency surgery where we would not have the luxury of time and an elective surgery that we might not have any control over. It is okay to be worried and think about the what ifs. But we don't want to allow the worry and fear and what ifs to control our lives!

Wishing each of you the best of health for all your days with no need for another surgery EVER! S
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:06 AM

Very well stated.

Tophatt10
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:32 AM

I had my taken out...it didn't look normal to the surgeon.

Jen
Unread 08-31-2008, 09:44 AM
appendix

My doctor removed mine. He found nothing wrong with them or showed no concern as to leaving them or taking them. He said that this decision is up the doctor and how they handle things. He practices that when he does a hyster. he also removes the appendix. The decision is basicly up to your doctor and how they practice. This is the way my doctor practices and everyone that gets a hyster through my doctor will also leave without their appendix. I look at it this way. One less thing that can go wrong in the future.
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:14 AM

Mine was removed as well because it looked thick walled and concerning so it was removed along with my hyster, endo and everything else
Unread 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM

I didn't have mine out when I had my hyst in April, however it was taken out with this second surgery. It was preventative, so that they don't have to open up my abdomen ever again.

Sammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register