2 days to get better | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days to get better 2 days to get better

Unread 04-27-2005, 10:17 AM
2 days to get better

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 29th. I hoped when it was scheduled that we would beat my period. Boy was I wrong. My period started Sunday night with a full day of bad, bad cramps before the floodgates opened Monday night.

As I can't take my normal double naproxin dose to stem the pain, I had to call the DR on Monday for a perscription. Tylonal does nothing for me. He prescribed Percaset after I told him I couldn't deal with Codine. Well, looks like I don't deal too well with Percaset either. It took care of the pain but I vomitted from any food or water for 2 days. I'm weak and sleeping all the time. The 10 ft walk from my bed to the bathroom leaves me worn out.

Thank God work and my family have been great. Even my dog hasn't left my side. But I had to cancel my appt with my asthma DR - to get his signoff for the surgery, and I doubt that by tomorrow when I have my final visit with my DR that I'll be up and around. I hate the thought of this getting pushed back. Any reservations that I had about the hyst are gone. I just want this done but unless I heal really quickly, I don't think it will happen in 2 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2005, 10:51 AM
2 days to get better

One thing, you probably already know from reading here on the boards that your period by itself won't stop the surgery.

I had checked my calendar about 8 times before I scheduled my date with the Castle. I was just SURE I was halfway in between. But, as has been the case in the greater part of my menstrual life, stress brought Aunt Flo exactly when I least expected her.

Here's hoping you find enough relief from pain to get done what needs doing between now and Friday. Now, get out of that computer chair and go take care of yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register