TVH OMG, my post op appt. has been forgotten! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OMG, my post op appt. has been forgotten! OMG, my post op appt. has been forgotten!

Unread 11-26-2010, 04:22 AM
OMG, my post op appt. has been forgotten!

I had a TVH and posterior repair done on Oct.1. I had an appt. card given to me for a follow up appt. for Nov. 26, 8wks post op. Today I call the clinic to confirm my appt. and they told me it was actually meant to be for Oct.26, 3 wks post-op!!..how could they not have called me when I didnt turn up for that appt. My appt. card clearly stated Nov.26. The hospital clinic apologised and told me they would call me with a new appt. later today. When they called they told me my appt. would be Dec.21!!!!!!.....almost 3 months after my surgery!!!!.......they also said that if I wasnt in any pain then things should be ok and not to worry.....good grief...not worry?!!!

I decided to call my surgeons private rooms and have managed to book an appt to see him on Dec. 2, next Thur. By doing this I have to pay for the appt. where as doing it through the hospital clinic meant it was free.....but I dont mind the cost as long as I get seen to. This is not the fault of the surgeon but the stupid hospital Nurse that put the incorrect date down on my card.

So now I am hoping that everything is in fact ok. I was really thrown when I was told I was supposed to be seen at 3wks post op and now it will be 9 wks post op before the surgeon can check that all is as it should be and that my healing is all ok. I will worry now until I have my check up. I lost 2 stitches at only 2wks post op and now I am wondering if that may have caused the posterior tear in that area to heal in the wrong way? Whatever the case, I will not rest easy until I have my appt. I know I may be worrying for nothing but honestly, if anything is wrong, how hard might it be to now fix being that it is so many weeks later?

Anyway, I will come back and let you all know how my appt. goes. I have my fingers and toes crossed now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 06:10 AM
Re: OMG, my post op appt. has been forgotten!

Wow, I can't believe that they did not work you in to see when you showed up on Nov 26th! I am glad that you are able to get in to see the surgeon on the 2nd. Sorry about the mix-up!!
Unread 11-26-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmccorm View Post
Wow, I can't believe that they did not work you in to see when you showed up on Nov 26th!
Seriously, that's messed up. Hopefully you have been doing well, but still, you should have been seen and gotten some feedback and guidance from your surgeon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 07:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear that. The whole situation would make me feel so bad. They should of called you to confirm your appointment back on Oct 25th and called to try and find you when you didn't show up. Until the doc releases you from care you are still his responsibility in my opinion...and he should have had someone make sure you were all right.
Unread 11-27-2010, 03:46 AM

Thanks ladies. I am going to have to sit tight until next week and hope I have healed ok.
Unread 11-27-2010, 06:29 AM

It sounds like they messed up. I am really surprised that they didn't call you. I know it is easy to say, but try not to worry. I have a feeling that you would have some symptoms if there was a problem. Good luck with the appointment-I will be crossing my fingers for you as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register