What happens at the 2 week post op appt? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What happens at the 2 week post op appt? What happens at the 2 week post op appt?

Unread 11-26-2010, 07:23 PM
What happens at the 2 week post op appt?

Specifically am I going to have to get naked? Lol. Hoping not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Re: What happens at the 2 week post op appt?

My doc just checked my abdominal incisions and went over the pathology report. He warned me that my next appointment will involve looking at the "other" incision. (vaginal cuff)
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:12 PM

I think it depends on your doctor. My doctor did do an internal exam to make sure everything was healing ok thus far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2010, 10:06 PM

At my 2-week, my Dr. just looked at my incision and answered my questions and asked questions.
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:59 PM

I had a 1-week appt where my staples were removed. My next appt isn't until week 5.
Unread 11-27-2010, 06:01 AM

Had a TLH -- At 2 weeks, he took out my stitches, but I did NOT have to get naked.
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM

I had my one week post op appt this week and I didn't even see the doc. Her nurse looked at my incision, answered my questions, told me my path report wouldn't be available until my Dec 9th appt. I didn't have to get naked....just had to show my incision. I had a TAH on November 17 and am having drainage issues. The nurse said everything looked great.
Unread 11-27-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffenie View Post
I had a 1-week appt where my staples were removed. My next appt isn't until week 5.
Same here...but my next appointment isn't until week 8. So I dunno what happens at week 2. I am sure it will be fine though.
Unread 11-27-2010, 12:56 PM

Seems that it depends on your doc. At my 2wk checkup, I got naked, but only from the waist down, which makes sense. I was covered by a paper cloth below the waist. My doc did an internal with speculum, and used a smaller size due to my surgery. I hardly felt a thing. Then she did a manual pelvic exam and it was comfortable. She wanted to see my stitches I guess, and to feel around the surrounding organs. She observed some inflamation at that time and told me to stop doing anything until it healed.

I know how you feel though, if I can avoid getting naked I will. I remember being in the hospital a couple years ago for my usual anemia issue, and for some reason they called in a gyn consult without advising me. This old guy walked in the room and told me to drop my pants. I told him to get the H*LL out.
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:06 AM

I did have to have an internal at my 2 week check up. It was very uncomfortable but my doc said he had to look and feel to check stitches and to make sure there was no blood building up behind my cuff. At 4 weeks I had another internal which was much more comfortable, I go back again at 8 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register