Have sex with stitches?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have sex with stitches?? Have sex with stitches??

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Have sex with stitches??

Waaawhooo~Checkup today~Doc was happy. Exam revealed stitches still there however, was healing good. Exam wasn't painful like 2 wks ago, when he stated "still raw & fresh". He released me back to work on Thursday. He also stated, I can have sex, whenever I'm ready! As long as it is slow & easy..Nothing rough! Ok...my question, Hystersisters, if I still have stitches, do I risk it? Yes~my DH will def. be easy, I know, but we've waited 8wks. Do I wait a little while longer or risk it now? Your advise is always appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Re: Have sex with stitches??

I vote for waiting a bit. Even healed I am having a hard time with sex.
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Hmmmm. 2 weeks ago "raw & fresh", now still stitches and "healing good"

I think for me the key word there is "healing" not "Healed". I would wait. Always better to err on the side of caution.

Try some good old fashioned heavy petting and external stimulation - my husband and I found it very invigorating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2012, 10:54 PM

wow-I'm guessing another male Dr. ?

Heck, I'm waiting forever, LOL-hubby said he'd wait a year if that meant I'd be safe/free from harm-what a relief to hear him say that!!!
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:17 AM

I vote you wait, only because there is always a possibility of rupture. I had my total hyst on Nov 11 last year and so far so good until tonight. First time bleeding and in abdominal agony. Third time only. Resumed at 10 weeks. They say you can control the situation being on top, but this was very painful for me. I hope I did not rupture the cuff, but I am also having gas pains and abdominal cramps. Be careful and be safe. It is so easy to rip something...... Hyster hugs.
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM

WAAWHOOO 8 weeks today~
First day back to work, I made it! Pains occasionally, 2 Motrins took care of those. THANK GOD! Relaxing on the log tonight. Feeling like I finally accomplished a days task!
How can I tell when I'm completely healed enough to have sex? We are sooo ready however, we DON'T want to do harm. Ughh...HOW CAN I TELL?
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM

I say wait, that just sounds painful! :-O
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:37 AM

At 6 weeks post op I still had stitches, but the doc said it was ok for sex. I did it pain free, but I was def scared.
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvingmy3 View Post
At 6 weeks post op I still had stitches, but the doc said it was ok for sex. I did it pain free, but I was def scared.
Thanks luvingmy3,
Do you still hurt in vaginal area? I still have a lot of lower back pain & vag. discomfort. I also have IBS & IC...think these might be a lot of my problems now...I'm so scared, thinking if the pain is from the LAVH, I don't want to hurt myself. Do you still take over the counter pain meds daily?
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:19 PM

No I do not have any vaginal pain, and the lower back pain comes and goes. I take meds some days, but not everyday. As far as sex I was scared to death. We just took it slow. Before sex I had not passed a stitch, but after I passed a few. My doc said the stitches were more or less just laying in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register