4 weeks post-op (need help with hormone questions) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post-op (need help with hormone questions) 4 weeks post-op (need help with hormone questions)

Unread 10-13-2008, 06:08 PM
4 weeks post-op (need help with hormone questions)

I can hardly believe it has been 4 weeks since my Hyster. I am doing well. I am back to work and out of pain which surprised me I figured it would take longer but I am very happy it didn't.However I am left with several questions and could use anybody advise.

I was put on the estrogen patch the day after my surgery, my doctor told me about other options like the shot or the pill or even a cream!!!! The choices are overwhelming which one do you go with, which one is the best, dang it I wish I knew what was what! LOL so far on the patch I have done well the problem with them are that they start to peel off and when you change them you are left with a sticky gray colored square. I know that seems like a little issue and it is but it hurts to try to get the gray spots removed and I still get hot flashes and I have very little energy. My doctor wants me to try the shots but there isn't a lot of information on the shots so I don't know if it is a good option. I have a very hard time taking pills on a daily basis so that is not a option.

If anyone has any advice on the multiple different hormone supplements PLEASE feel free to help. I have talked to my doctor about them but I would like to see how real women deal with these obstacles.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM

You might want to post this on the HRT forum. The only thing I take is black cohosh for my hot flashes.
Unread 10-13-2008, 08:22 PM

Worried me,

I am also 4 weeks post op. I had my check up today and was put on the Vivelle Dot .75 mg. I have not experienced hot flashes but have "anytime" sweats. What kind of patch did he put you on? Vivelle Dot was supposed to be the most effective, it is bio-identical and comes in different strengths based upon your needs. I would try to supplement with a good progesterone cream. Many articles about that on this site.

I read that Femring was awesome for severe Hot Flashes as was natural progesterone. I thought about it because you only change the Femring out every 3 months. It is a vaginal ring which is similar to a diaphragm. I didn't have severe hot flashes or vaginal dryness. I liked the idea of not having to deal with it daily or even weekly. On HysSis site Type in Femring or natural progesterone in the Hormone Jungle. A list of symptoms is listed under Too Much Estrogen,? Too Little? It helps to break down our symptoms which may help you balance.

I had the shot in the hospital and it wore off and I felt exhausted for the last 2 weeks. Today, when he gave me the Vivelle Dot I felt much better within the hour. In Dr. Christianne Northrup's book, a woman with surgical menopause was on the patch and supplemented with prometrium 100 mg per day. She felt great. That was my plan if necessary and still is since I am on the patch. Dr. John Lee stated that you have to balance hormones using both estrogen and progesterone. It makes sense. I know HysterSisters sells his Progesterone Cream on their website and I bought some because my Dr. does not think you need progesterone if you do not have a uterus and would not give me a prescription for the recommended bioidentical progesterone known as Prometrium. I hope this helps you. Let us know what you choose and I am sending you a hug.
Tonya

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register