Silver nitrate treatment today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silver nitrate treatment today Silver nitrate treatment today

Unread 07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Silver nitrate treatment today

Ok so I finally at 6 weeks was 'released' by DR. Did have silver nitrate today. How long for the big s-x? And.. DOES IT REALLY HURT? I am really scare dto even try it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM

I got the green light today, I'm nervous (like a virgin) LOL
but looking forward to it.
Unread 07-17-2008, 12:03 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM

I had my surgery April 23 and was released at 6 weeks for the big s-x! I was scared too because it had been painful for years but I am proud to say...no pain!!! It was a little uncomfortable the first time and I spotted a little but the next weekend at 7 weeks things were better than they have been in years. I hope all goes well for you!
Unread 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM

For me it was very much like the first time (losing virginity). I just wanted to get it over with, so the next time wouldn't be so bad! lol

We tried at 6 weeks and I didn't feel the best, so we waited another week and that was WAY WAY better. I just needed a little longer to be less tender on my tummy.
Unread 07-17-2008, 08:23 PM
too much information

Me Too!! And my husband keeps rubbing in how many more days, he's delighted! I'm terrified. I reached up there and I felt those stitches and it really creeped me out, I can't imagine adding "him" to the "mix". bonnieb60
Unread 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM

LOL...Bonnie....I thought the instructions clearly state NOTHING in the va-jay-jay?? You are one brave gal....I thought about reaching in there but decided not to just incase a nail nipped something.....

Back to the topic at hand. I actually loved my 1st experience.....it was not painful or uncomfortable it was just perfect. Mostly because he was very gentle. Second time around I think we got too excited so there was some slight discomfort but nothing to write home about.

As long as you relax and he is gentle, you should be fine. No deep penetration positions... I am sure those will hurt.
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. Oh my word, I forgot he said NOTHING up there for 6 weeks, I never considered my own finger (which is a part of the entire me) would be considered, but you're right. EWwww bonnieb60
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:51 PM

I never even considered checking things out for myself up there. But, when I had my 6 week my doctor actually WANTS me to do some "self exams" over the next few months! I'm thinking, how the heck would I know if something feels right or not??? lol

I agree with you bonnie... I'm a little nervous to add anything else to the mix here... I get my official release on Monday. DH hasn't really said anything, but I KNOW he is thinking it. lol Here's to hoping it will be a lovely experience.

Good luck ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register