Another question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another question Another question

Unread 07-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Another question

are the overies removed with a TAH,can some one tell me what all will be removed, thank you in advance for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Re: Another question

No the ovaries are not removed unless there is a need to do so. My TAH included my uterus and my cervix. The T stands for total which includes your cervix. The cervix is usually removed. I had fibroids and keeping the cervix could lead to the possibility of more fibroids. So it had to go!!! Keeping your cervix could mean having mini periods also. :-(
Unread 07-26-2010, 05:56 PM

I can tell you TAH means Total Abdominal Hysterectomy, the uterus including cervix is removed through an abdominal incision. It doesn't say anything about ovaries, you would have to ask your Dr what the plan is regarding the ovaries. If they take both ovaries that is a BSO----bilateralsalpingo oopherectomy. So if they did the hysterectomy and took the ovaries that would be a TAH with BSO or TAH/BSO. But you need to ask the Dr exactly what will be done in your case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM

For me, i had everything removed....i agree with the other gals, check with your doctor so you know exactly what he/she plans to do.
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM

Talk to your Dr. If there are no issues with your Ovaries most likely they will not take them.
Unread 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM

I had a TAH and kept my ovaries and tubes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register