Day 8 cramping...normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 8 cramping...normal? Day 8 cramping...normal?

Unread 07-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Day 8 cramping...normal?

I know I posted earlier that I was feeling great but to be honest as this day as progressed my cramping/pressure has not gotten any better, even with tylenol. I have even been having vaginal "twinging" (if that makes sense). I ended up taking one of my pain meds that I haven't taken in 7 days and feel like things may be going backwards. Also, I wasn't feeling like this on day 5, 6, or 7 and haven't done anything out of the norm. I'm thinking I may have slept goofy last night because the husband left the entire bed to me and slept out in the living room with the kidos. Has anyone else endured this kind of thing? I have been on bed rest for today. Thank goodness it's the 4th of July and the hubby doesn't go back to work until Monday. Any info/advice is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Re: Day 8 cramping...normal?

sorry the tylenol didn't help i am also having the pain and pressure but now have started have some light bleeding i also have stayed in the bed to day tylenol has help me some but not like it usually does i am also having some itching like when you have a yeast infections i think i will contact my dr on friday to see if this is normal if i am still feeling this way tomorrow
Unread 07-04-2013, 06:00 PM

I have been having similar twinging pains since about day 4! I guess I just thought it was normal because I have heard other sisters talking about similar sensations on this site! Hmmmmm, maybe it's not!!!

Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:05 PM

Bucaneer1987....I had surgery 19 and have to say you sound just like me, I felt really good in the beginning was doing great! Then cut back pains meds, and around the 10 day mark! I felt more crampy and more sore than ever! And sleeping was harder because I was so sore! So I did take a few more pain pills! Was disappointed and upset being set back but got a few good nights sleep finally with some lunesta, and I am starting to feel better! From what I read, this happens around two/three week where we feel more discomfort and set back! Just take it as a sign that u need plenty of rest! All I did was try to rest more! Tried advil, which helped only a little! But best of wishes, u will b feeling better soon!
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:00 AM

I am 12 days post op and I too have had cramping. I didn't start cramping until a few days ago. My doctor did tell me that for the next few weeks I may have cramping and pains but if it's severe to call him. Is your cramps tolerable? I only bled for the first the days after surgery and since then I haven't. If your not to sure call your doctor just to be sure. You had major surgery and your body has to get back to normal.
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:34 AM

My cramps are tolerable and I have had no bleeding, only in the hospital due to the cath being removed. The cramps are constant and hurt more when I am in a sitting position at the computer. But when I lie/sit up in bed the cramps are there but not as painful. I go in next week Thursday (11th) for my first post op and will bring it up to the doc. I guess what bothers me the most is that I wasn't cramping for 4 days and now I'm going into day 2 of cramping and feel like I messed up earlier in the week. Due to stomach ulcers several years ago I can not take ibuprofen/aleve to reduce swelling....only tylenol for pain or my Norco for more severe pain.
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:02 AM

If you always have a concern call your doctor. I don't like calling mine because he works pretty hard but it's better to call and make sure everything we go through is normal. I was never told what to expect during recovery so I had to call my doctor when I had a problem.
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM

I am having that problem today too. It's mainly on my left side (they took everything but my left ovary). I was going to call my dr but my husband says not to bother them because it is probably normal for a week out from surgery. So I don't know what to do now? :/
Unread 07-05-2013, 12:04 PM

I'm halfway through week 4 and I got cramping the first time at the end of week 2. It was when I woke up in the morning and I felt this real urge to stretch out, which I kind of did (I was half asleep) and was then horrified to get up and see I was bleeding, just a little bit but I hadn't bled for a week and thought I had ruptured something! Thanks to this site I realized the crampy feeling and a bit of bleeding can happen. I did call the doctor after a few days to check I shouldn't be worried but in my case, they were satisfied it was normal. I didn't have any bad pain with it - but still had prescription pills at that stage so that might be why. What I've found is that in my case, I actually get the crampy feeling when I've been lying in bed for a few hours. If you can, I'd suggest you keep trying to walk (just walk!), it's been amazingly effective for me and any little helps. By all means take the husband to lean on and you don't have to go far. I've also found sitting is the worst thing - lying or standing to walk is better.
On the vaginal twinging....weird isn't it!! Feels a little scary....I've read here that it can be that stitches start to dissolve in weeks 3 and 4...I'm no doctor but maybe that's the case. For me, it's pretty much gone now, just a very occasional twinge. I also stopped bleeding again so it seems all is ok. But don't hesitate to call the doctor, I felt much better when I spoke to mine and it's great to hear what's the bedt thing to do from them. Do expect the days to be a bit up and down though....I've definitely been doing '2 steps forward, 1 step back'! Good luck.
Unread 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM

I am 10 days post op and was feeling great! But today I started cramping and had to take a pain pill. I didn't know if it could be a bowel issue or just pain from surgery. Hope to feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register