6 weeks post DiVinci and I'm running again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post DiVinci and I'm running again 6 weeks post DiVinci and I'm running again

Unread 04-19-2012, 08:04 AM
6 weeks post DiVinci and I'm running again

God is so good. I'm not released for sex yet but, jogging feels great. My DH is out of town ( praise God ) for a month, I should be ready when he gets home. Listen to your body, if your tired, stop, if you feel a pull, stop. I ran 1 mile, before I ran 3 daily. It took me twice as long, however; I did it. I love the stepmill, I lasted 5 minutes, I used to go for 60 before. I am at the gym everyday this week, I wear one of those abdominal bands around my belly, the cheap one for exercise sold anywhere exercise stuff is. I have a 6 months of weight to lose from inactivity from all the pain. As for the belly, it swells, it's tender, but that's it. I take 2 aleve and keep it moving. I kept my cervic and ovaries so I still have swollen breasts, and water gain once a month. Well, I am a woman so no complaints, I don't have to hide in the house because of an uncontrollable period now. Listen to your body and enjoy the rest of your life. I'm not worried about sex, I will keep doing it until we figure out all the new spots that get me there. My DH looked me in the eye and said he does not care, he has me healthy, pain free, and he will just explore me until we are back to that awesomeness we enjoy. I'm greatful, he is so loving, I can't wait.
Happy recovery.
Nita,
42 on 4/23 and life is just beginning.
DVH 3/8/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Re: 6 weeks post DiVinci and I'm running again

Jogging? Wow. I was cleared yesterday and am excited about starting a "walking" program LOL. Hey, you got to start somewhere, right?

So glad you have a wonderful husband. I was blessed with a wonderful one, also!

Best wishes to both of us as we start on the new beginning of our lives!!
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM

So glad for you... I can't wait to run again!
I am 16 days post DVH and healing nicely. I hate walking because my feet just want to RUN sooo badly!
Thanks for giving me hope!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2012, 11:29 AM

My intention was to walk, but I only lasted 2 minutes. My legs started twitching, they wanted to run. I had just watched Secretariat and I wanted to run. I just left the gym and did 1.5 at 7 minutes less than yesterday. I gained 30 pounds, I hate it. I'm going to take a hot bath with Epson salt and run! I am an eater so if I don't work out I get huge. This is light for me and I'm not a little woman I'm pushing a tight size 16 now, so I am real with weight challenges because my fibroids were on my bladder, rectum, and growing rapidly in my uterus just like a baby. I've been bedridden since 2/18 when I gave up, and said ok kill me now . Severe adenomyosis and degenerating fibroids felt like labor pains, in waves. I bled so bad it would gush on the floor. Yes, I'm gonna run, the storm is over.
Unread 04-21-2012, 01:40 AM

When did people start exercising again?

I'm afraid if I do yoga or swim or ride my bike I'll pop an internal stitch. When can I start lifting weights again?

I'm six weeks next Friday and although the vaginal cuff stitches are still there my doc said they are healing and I can go ahead. Then I realized I'm really paranoid I'll break something!

I agree with some folks here, it feels like I have a new life now and I can do anything after all the years of debilitating bleeding.
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:00 AM

So happy to hear that and thanks for posting. I had DvH on Thursday and I'm hoping to have a quick recovery so I can get back to the gym soon!
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Great to hear!!!

I am 50 and have been a marathoner runner/cyclist for 12 years. I did my last full marathon Jan 15th and had my vag hys Feb 6th so I am about 10.5 weeks post op.

I started walking 9 days post op, by 15 days was walking 10k every day until week 4 when I added is some short running sections.

Dr. knows I run marathons so at my 6 week check everything looked great and he told me just to listen to my body, which I always do anyway.

Hubby also runs marathons and watching him go out the door for runs was really hard for me.

I am back to running 4 days/week with reduced mileage just to be careful. This past week I got in just over 20 miles. Doing a "long" run tomorrow of 8 miles. It's a lot less than I normally do but I know I have the rest of my life to run and need to be carefull as I'm still healing inside.

I also cycle and did about 60 miles on my bike last week. I was tired by the end of the week but no internal soreness or issues.

Half marathon #21 is on May 13th, Mother's Day. I think that will be a great way to celebrate being back to normal and my new life without horrendous periods!!!
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:01 AM

I'm so happy for you, but I'm not a Marathon runner yet. I am tired as well this week, thank you for the encouragement. Good luck on Mothers Day, run for us all!
Unread 04-21-2012, 05:14 PM

Thanks so much for posting Runner Queen and congrats on your progress. You ladies have both made me optimistic abut my recovery. I'm only 2 days post op and feeling good, so I hope to continue progressing quickly.
Unread 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM

I'm back to work tomorrow, I will keep you posted! Take care ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register