Grinding teeth everyday now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Grinding teeth everyday now Grinding teeth everyday now

Unread 04-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Grinding teeth everyday now

As a new memeber I am glad to have this website. but I must admit when I first went on this site I was scared evern more.
I ws scared about the what ifs. So many of you are so educated and using all these acronyms.
After reading I am now 99% okay with having surgery to remove my uterus. But How much of the fibroids symptoms cause ovulation pain? Is there any relation? I too have suffered for years with the bloating, fatigue, low iron, heavy bleeding, pain, pressure from my fibroids. Right now - I understand that I have one intramural fibroid about 4cm x 4cm x 4cm. Small compared to some of you but still mine cause a lot of symptoms. I also just found out (last Month) i have a small (not sure of size) submucosal in cavity.
I repeat - right now I feel 99% of having my uterus removed. Will my cervix be closed up where it leads into Uterus after surgery? Will vaginal dryness be a big problem when uterus is gone? I am able to keep my cervix.

Another pain is my ovaries. Some months Maybe 3-4 months out of the year I will have severe right ovary pain. Left sid eis painful at time to, but not like right side. ALl this has been going on for over ten years.

I wonder if I just remove uterus will it aleviate ovary pain a bit?

I am having a real hard time here lately.

Hope to feel real sure about this soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Don't think you are crazy or alone it took me a long time to figure out the acronyms I had to ask a lot of questions still do. There is so much to learn and process and I am still new to this site too. I cannot answer your question but I know some of the other systers will. I too have extreme right ovary pain and know I have cysts in there. Mostly I wanted you to know you are not alone in your feelings and what you are experiencing. I have found you can ask anything here nad someone will respond. Best wishes, Marg
Unread 04-25-2005, 01:00 PM

I'll take an attempt at answering some of your questions, from what I understand...

If you have the cervix removed (as I did), then you end up with what is called a vaginal cuff... basically they stitch it together, and that keeps infection, etc., from entering the abdominal cavity.

If the cervix remains, it's a slightly different procedure but similar effect of protecting you from infection, etc.

As for leaving the ovaries and solving your ovulation pain - that truly depends on what is causing your pain in specific. If you have endometriosis, it may be necessary to remove the ovaries in order to keep the endo from coming back. Sometimes this is revealed in ultrasound prior to surgery, sometimes it's a surprise to the surgeon when they get a chance to look inside.

I'd like to add here that I went into surgery knowing for sure about one fibroid that could be seen clearly on ultrasound. When my doc told me my pathology report, I found out I had 10 other fibroids that didn't show clearly on ultrasound yet...they weren't big enough to see clearly.

My personal experience with dryness is that it is not an issue at this time - I kept both ovaries and have not experienced menopause. I know that women who have surgical menopause (both ovaries removed) do tend to post here about dryness, etc., as problems down the road. That may also be able to be avoided through Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) if it necessary to remove the ovaries.

You've raised some VERY good questions that your doctor can help answer in relation to your specific medical history/condition that we can't truly guess at here. I would like to encourage you to ask your doc or the nurses at the office these questions - and keep asking until you're satisfied that you understand the answers and options.

You're on the right track by asking the questions to help you have peace of mind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register