surgery 3/22 anxiety! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery 3/22 anxiety! surgery 3/22 anxiety!

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

Can anyone relate? I have my pre-op visit 3/17/07 and surgery on 3/22/07. I have questions to ask my MD....thanks to this site and the great hystersisters book! I need a hyst. for pre-cancer of cervix, uterus and vagina. My husband and I never imagined our life without children. I know we can adopt but it is not the same. We are in debt from trying to have children over the past 6 years. Now, here I am facing more bad news. I feel like I am emotionally a "wreck". Not to mention I am having a birthday 3/21/07. Happy Birthday....here's your enema!! hehe
It's not all bad, I have a loving husband,family and many best friends! My "bestest" friend is my Aunt! I am thankful for what I have, so please dont mis-understand me! Now I need to get thru this hurdle, HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

Hi there. I just wanted to leave you a quick note to say my prayers and thoughts are with you. My op is on the 21st march and I am pretty scared about the whole thing. Its a pretty big op and then having to recover. Its just alot for us to deal with. I can totally relate on how you are feeling with the anxiety and worry sweet. And Im so sorry that you didnt have your chance to have children. But you know although you cant carry children you can still be a mummy to some very lucky child.

My husband and I had just come to the conclusion that we would have a 3rd baby and I got my news. at first i was so upset and said there was no way I was getting it done. But with time I just let things go and decided what point would it be for me to get even sicker and not ever experincing the beauty of life.

Take care and I wish you well
Vicki xx oo
Unread 03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I was extremely lucky to have my 2 sons but one thing is for sure there are so many children out there that need a great mom and you can be that for some lucky child. I know it is not the same as carrying a child but if you read all the posts no one who has adopted has ever felt bad about that. That child becomes theres and it is their child. My cousins went to China to adopt a little girl and no one can tell them that that child is not theirs.
On being nervous about surgery I have said it before and will say it again. I was the queen of terrified and truly almost cancelled my surgery the day before. Being nervous is normal and if you need to ask your dr for something to calm your nerves. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 09:46 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

Mine is the 23rd and I am a nervous wreck. I am doing a little better. I have talked to a few people who did really well with the surgery. I know everyone is different, but I am trying to remain optomistic about it. For the past few days I haven't been able to eat or sleep and I feel like I have been shaking from the inside out. Good luck to you and you will be in my prayers!
(((HUGS))))
Unread 03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

Hi Sisters, My surgery a TAH is the 21st of March and I understand the nerves and just wanted to send my prayers out to everyone. My nerves seem to ebb and flow and I've decided not to fight then and concentrate on just floating with the waves.
Unread 03-16-2007, 07:48 AM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

It is so nice to have a support group! Wishing you a fast and speedy recovery. I see....I am not alone, I cannot believe the woman that have to go through this.
My happy thought........"Aunt FLO" gone forever
Unread 03-16-2007, 10:14 AM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

I had a TAH 11 days ago and am doing fine! The waiting was really the hardest part.

If you are really scared, ask the anestesiologis (sp) to give you a seditive during the waiting period. It helped me.
Unread 03-16-2007, 02:54 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

((HUGS)) to you. I can only imagine your heart break. I'm very blessed having neared mid life. Mine is the 20th and I was doing fine till today. My dh is stuck in Philadelphia(winter storm) and the earliest he could get home was Mon (the day before) If he was lucky. I have to tell you I sat and cried my eyes out. I was facing having my dd (22) take me and be the POA if anything happened. But all's well-he managed to find a sympathetic agent (an angel named Cheryl) who managed to get him a flight tomorrow out of Richmond VA. He having to drive in the weather from Philly to Richmond-so pray for a safe journey. Now I'm left feeling very drained-think I'll take a nap. Thank goodness for my chill out attitude about having to have the house and such prepped. Hopefully we can still salvage Sun for my last bike ride. Good luck to us all!! Hey I just looked at the calendar-I'm having mine on the first day of spring-what a bummer-I love Spring
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:15 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

I can relate to the jitters. Write all those questions down for your doc. Will you have a pre-op appt. with him/her? I think that's really important. If not, then put in a non-emergency call to his office and ask that he return your call at his convenience. You can ask all your questions then.

I haven't experienced everything you have, but I wanted you to know that you have my support and prayers. I'm 47 and I also bleed after sex, so we don't have any. LOL My husband is wonderful.

Best to you.
Unread 03-19-2007, 07:20 PM
surgery 3/22 anxiety!

Im thinking of you.....good luck on your op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register