Why isn't my tummy flat? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why isn't my tummy flat? Why isn't my tummy flat?

Unread 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Why isn't my tummy flat?

I am 2 months post op. TAH for huge fibroids and endometriosis (found after the fact), ovaries removed. I saw the picture of the uterus with the monsters inside and thought "well, at least I should have a flat tummy after having that out". NOT! I don't think it is swelly belly either, but my tummy is just as big! I do feel like I have gained weight and I'm not eating any more than usual and I am exercising daily. I am a bit disappointed, but sure don't miss the uterus! I am on Estradiol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Re: Why isn't my tummy flat?

There is probably some inflamation still going on inside, as you are still healing. I've heard it takes up to a year for everything to be completely healed. The swelling may go down long before that, but you may not be 100% for a while. I tend to swell a little, if I over do things, but I feel so much better than I did. Each day is getting better.
Unread 05-17-2011, 01:38 PM

That's encouraging. Thanks. I guess I have to be patient!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 01:51 PM

My lack of patience is the worst part of it for me. I feel like I should be able to lift my truck without a jack. LOL
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:31 PM

I can sympathize. Over 2 yrs lost over 25lbs and think should drop in size for pants. No dice..... I blame the huge fibroids that keep growing so tell myself get rid those out and will drop a size. It's 5 months and still not dropped a single size. In fact sometimes I swear they are tighter and i haven't gained any weight. Frustrating!!!!!!
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Ewww, not what I wanted to hear........lol. Thanks for the sympathy, tho!
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM

The swelling will go down. Just give it time. I thought I wasn't swollen but as times goes by, my tummy is smaller and not as misshapen as it was right after the surgery. My tummy isn't totally flat yet but it is well on its way. Even the roll over the incision has greatly improved.
Unread 05-17-2011, 04:28 PM

Oh, good! Thanks Danni. There is hope for me then!
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:26 AM

while i have to agree my stomach is not flat it's not distended either! my challenge is working out - 3 months post op all removed save for the right ovary - and not being able to do ANYthing belly related..... my right side swells about 1-2 inches and i'm lopsided LOL had a lot more gain in my thighs and thankfully lost 1.5 inches EACH there after working out
hang in there..... that's all we can do. one thing to help with the belly i am trying to get back too..... the old fashioned -- suck in your stomach. train yourself to hold it in when sitting, standing, breathing..... it tightens the muscles and has worked for me in the past with great success

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register