cant sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:24 AM
cant sleep

havent slept since 3am this morning, the dog woke me up and then my mind started spinning about the surgery and the prep day tommorrow. my anxiety is high but i am trying to be brave. needing lots of prayers my way, its going to be a crazy couple of days here still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Re: cant sleep

You got it all will be ok. Rest rest rest. And follow doct instructions. Keep us posted
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:48 AM

thanks for the words of encouragement. really needed that right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2012, 12:04 PM

If you can't sleep try to rest. It's going to be OK. As far as the prep thing goes, I found that the magnesium citrate that they had me take was no where near the night mare that I thought it would be in fact I have to say I felt better for it, even now. I made sure my Nook was charged up and bought nice soft wet wipes instead of just toilet paper. You may find that as the time gets closer to your surgery that you get calmer, I hope so.

Concentrate on getting your movies, puzzles, doodle art, knitting, clean sheets, phone charger, tv and remote, and the nice stuff close by for your return home. The jitters are normal, they come and go.

Best of luck! Will be thinking of you
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:09 PM

thank you. i am taking the magnesium citrate as well tommorrow and i know magnisium is good for you, so i am hoping for the same experience for me. I hope for calmness on friday morning, thats what i am praying for. I think i will try for a nap today. thank you so much i really appreciate your thoughts.
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM

Oh! and since I was on a liquid diet during the prep day I found that Ensure Clear was wonderful. It was tasty, had the protien I needed and didn't spike my blood sugar.
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM

i dont know if thats available here in Canada, but thanks i will check that out.
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Princess77,

I hope that you have been able to fall asleep this evening. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a relaxing day tomorrow and Friday.
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:01 PM

I too hope you are able to get some sleep and have a relaxing day tomorrow. Sending strong thoughts your way for the next few days!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register