No help at all! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No help at all! No help at all!

Unread 06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Re: No help at all!

In the same boat..but more kids..I have inlisted the help of all my friends, family, and anyone who could help! I put out a message to everyone on facebook(kinda pleading lol) for help, with babysitting, meals, laundry..anything they could do...I got a lot of responses for meals, and everyone wants to help with the older kids..ha! isnt that the way it is..my kids are 14,11,10,7,4,3,8mos...I have talked with the older ones(who are all girls) and offered them a treat if the help out with house work and watching the boys(who are the youngerones) I am taking them to a movie and dinner after I am all healed(kinda a girls nite out) and if the really do well I am going to surprize them with a trip to the water park before school starts back up. I am supposed to be having a da vinci on 6-30. For the boys I have gotten a behavoir chart and a treat box, they can earn treats by listening and being extra good...so hopefully for a few weeks this will work. I have also told the boys we will have a big picnic at the park if they get so many stars! so they are counting down the days to earn treats lol...I think with the kids..you just have to find something that works..oh and Ihave promised all my friends that help out..a meal in return! (once I am healed ofcourse)
Good Luck...Best wishes for a fast recovery!
Dancer~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Re: No help at all!

Hey Ann76,

Hopefully you're not feeling too overloaded with advice. I just really relate to what you said about running things the way you want them. It's a great time to post lists in various rooms with instructions on _how_ you like things done, so that when a visitor stops by and says "may I help?", all you have to do is point to the bathroom list instead of trying to think clearly on pain meds.

I also think it's a fun time to get the kids a "surgery present," some sodoku, crosswords or a new Wii game or something they can enjoy independently. This surgery will hopefully be a great gift to you and it is something to celebrate, even with all the trials involved. Children feel the significance of events, I believe. And when we're not feeling well it's hard to referee.... so glad your husband is around!! That's wonderful.

God bless you with all the answers you need--maybe you'll think of something completely different that works better than all of this. I believe that mothers are entitled to inspiration for their families.

love,
Ellie77

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register