3 weeks and feel like I'm going backwards - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks and feel like I'm going backwards 3 weeks and feel like I'm going backwards

Unread 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Re: 3 weeks and feel like I'm going backwards

This site is soooo helpful so we know we're "not alone"!!! I haven't been on here in a few days & it's really helped to read all the posts with comments that sound EXACTLY how I'm feeling!

Today is exactly 2 weeks since my TVH... I think I overdid it a few days last week & was spotting, in more pain, & feeling exhausted. Haven't done much the past couple days & feeling better. Unfortunately, I have to go drive 1/2 hour to the doctors today for the 2 week post-op visit (hubby works too far away & can't take me).

Isn't it amazing how the SMALLEST tasks that seem like you're not doing anything, end up being "too much"?? Oh, it's nothing if I empty the dishwasher... then, BAM... tired & worn out! haha!

Thanks ladies for reminding me that I'm not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2010, 11:13 AM

I will be 4 weeks tomorrow / thurs early am (my surgery started on the 17th and finished on the 18th). I had a twin bed set up in the family room and was feeling so good I had DH take it down and put the couch back a few days ago. Well that was a mistake. I can NOT get comfortable on the couch and the bed is upstairs. My back has been hurting ever since. So needless to say DH is putting the twin bed back up and moving the couch out as I type.

We have a 15 year old sick dog who can't make the stairs anymore and he will bark if left alone down here during the day if I go up for a nap. So much for the 3 week feeling great theory.
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:23 PM

My third and fourth week post knocked me to my knees. I felt like I had been run over by a truck. From reading other posts on here I knew it was "normal" but followed up with my doctor just in case. I spent two weeks doing as little as possible, taking pain medication when needed, and resting/sleeping. It now all seems like a blur, but I listened to my body and took it all in stride knowing my body needed the extra rest to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2010, 08:24 AM

I am 2 weeks post op from TAH and I feel kinda like this also. My emotions seem to be out of control and I feel achy and swollen. One day I feel pretty good and the next I feel like I've been hit by a truck.
Unread 04-16-2010, 08:56 AM

Totally understand. I'm 4 and a half weeks post op and started bleeding again and got put on bedrest again! My patience is being tested too! Take care of yourself! This too shall pass!
Unread 04-16-2010, 09:13 AM

Good for your hubby, and good for you for listening to him. I went through the same thing around the same time. Although I'm starting week five of my post-op recovery, there are times when I seem to be "unreasonably" exhausted from not doing a heck of a lot.

I think we need to listen to our body, and when it tells us that whatever we're doing is too much right now, we need to let it go -- regardless of how small or insignificant. That has been the hardest part for me, because I am a doer and an impatient person. This experience has actually taught me that I CAN learn to be patient -- maybe not forever, but for now.

I'm scheduled to return to my desk job part-time on Monday, and I am a bit concerned that I'll be able to make it through four hours. I'm going to have to trust myself and trust the signals my body sends.

I believe that we'll get back to where we were -- but not necessary on our desired schedule. I hope this helps, even if it's just to know that you are not alone. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register