less than 24hr until my trip to the castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

less than 24hr until my trip to the castle less than 24hr until my trip to the castle

Unread 08-28-2005, 05:25 AM
less than 24hr until my trip to the castle

My heart is pumping so fast now. I had hard time sleeping because of thinking of it and the dreams I had last night oh what a night. I going to try to deep clean before anybody gets up. Anyone else with the same feelings? Hope everything goes as plan. I am having a TAH with a up and down cut (?) was hoping for vaginal oh well can't have everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2005, 06:04 AM

I know where you're coming from with the nervous stuff. I couldnt sleep the night before my TAH either. Kept thinking about all the what if's. I had never had any kind of surgery before this and didnt know what to expect. I was especially afraid of being put to sleep. Never had that done...was afraid I wouldnt wake up. My doc's husband was the anesthesiogist, they make a great team. And my doc is a personal friend so she spent a lot of time answering my questions, but I was still afraid. And I also cleaned and cleaned. I also cried and cried..lol. But it was all for nothing. He had me put to sleep before I knew what hit me. Next thing I knew it was over. I too was supposed to get the vaginal, but cyst was way to big. I was surprised to find it had to go abdominal. I am sure it will go well with you tomorrow...
Unread 08-28-2005, 06:06 AM

Good morning AuntBooboo!
Boy, I had some pretty weird dreams as well. I think I was able to sleep cause I was pretty tired last night. I ended up going to sleep at midnight and woke up at 5:45 this morning but was able to fall back asleep until I just now woke up and the only reason I woke up was because the dog was hogging up my side of the bed. He managed to sneak up on my side and was even trying to take over my pillow! Imagine waking up to a 60lb pitbull staring you in the face! Oh, he's in for a big surprise when he finds out he can't sleep with me for awhile. So I got up, let the dog out, fed the fish and the cats and of course came down to my computer first thing as I have been doing the past few days. I'm also going in tomorrow at 6:30 am, bright and early thank God. Even concidence, that I as well am having a TAH with a vertical incision too, my uterus I guess is so huge that's the only way to take it out. I'm going to do some deep cleaing too but my family is all still sleeping so I'll sit here for awhile and get some support from my sisters.
I wish the best and will say a prayer for you that all goes well tomorrow. We'll have to connect and share experiences.
s to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2005, 07:11 AM

hi there,

I had the same thing as you with a vertical cut as well. Things are ok and you will be too. I wish you well and a speedy recovery. Get tons of rest and give yourself a break. Don't worry about what has to be done and what hasn't been done. Sleep, eat and let your body heal.

Blessings
Unread 08-28-2005, 08:26 AM

Thanks everyon. I also have a dog who likes to kick me out of bed. ESP when I am in pain and can't stay still. She thinks it is her bed. Good luck Ofima and other sister who go in tommorrow. I should be under by 7:30. also
Unread 08-28-2005, 08:55 AM

I wish all you guys who have to goto the castle Monday morning the best and speedy surgery!
I can understand the not being able to sleep the night before, I couldn't sleep because I took the magniesium citrate and my rear end was killing me. Then I was worried about the enema that I had to perform in the morning.
I didn't worry to much about having the surgery, I knew I was in God's hands, and he wouldn't let anything happen to me.
It'll be over before you know it, and you'll look @ these posts and smile, because now your "princess's".
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 08-28-2005, 08:57 AM

I also have a dog that likes to kick me out of bed.

I have been with him for nearly 30 years and I call him 'hubby'

I am still waiting for an apointment for my hysto' and hopefully will have mine done vaginally, but my Sis in law had a vertical and she reckoned it was better than the bikini line job.
She said it healed quicker than the girls who went bikini style and it kept nice and clean as there were no folds of skin overhanging it

So try not to worry about it, I am sure you'll be fine
sending you a
best wishes

Eastbourne
Unread 08-28-2005, 09:00 AM

Me too, me too! I had the up and down cut. I am doing really well. The worst part of the whole thing is the wait. I did the big cleaning job before hand too. If I am gonna just take it easy I want a clean area to do it in.
I am having problems just sitting and not doing what I am not supposed to be doing. I thought sitting and reading or watching tv for six weeks would be a breeze. It's harder then it looks. I am bouncing off the walls.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-28-2005, 10:24 AM

Oh man, I remember those last 24 hrs! Was so antsy and fidgity, so I cleaned and cleaned this little house, groomed both my dogs, and just got everything as ready as possible. By evening I was tired and ready for bed, so I actually slept pretty good, and next thing I knew that alarm was going off. I have a doozy of a veritcal incision, the dr actually apologized for making it so long but she needed to make room. Its 8" long (i measured) from above my navel all the way down to my "hairline". I don't mind it at all, it means that "thing" is gone and I will be feeling great! I had dreams too pre-op, real nutty ones....kept having dreams I was all ready for surgery, all hooked up and everything, but had to wander the halls looking for someone to do it ! Good luck to you
Unread 08-28-2005, 10:36 AM

Good Luck Sisters,
I also had a tough time sleeping the night befoe my surgery. I just tried to keep extra busy those few days before. The night before my surgery I was spackling the guest bedroom that my son was going to paint while I was recuperating from surgery. He finished it 6 days after my surgery. Now I have a wonderful, cozy room to sit and relax in away from all the noise.
I had the horizontal insicion and did quite well with it. I was able to wear my regular jeans about 2 weeks post op. This type of incision was low enough not interfere with the zipper, waistband or buttons.
I wish you all a speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register