Newby LOST | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Newby LOST

Where do you start. I have all the list going, what to buy, what to ask, what to do, what to pack..... I'm so . My mind is somewhat foggy with all these things. I'm not sleeping or eatting very well ,don't know what to do next. My daughter has questions, my DH (my own court jester.. LOL...) trys to help by making us all laugh, but sometimes thats not easy for me. When their not home I find myself crying or totaly spaced out with worry. Oh how my head hurts, how do you turn it off.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
You're not alone, but it is almost the worst part-waiting

Im almost 1 yr recovered from TAH and I worried and worried about everything, if I was doing the right thing, should I cancel. I didnt find peace until that morning at the hospital when I just knew I was going to be not only ok but better. Everyone will tell you that the stress you are under now is going to be the worst part. Crying is ok if you find a release from it. Just remember you are in pain and going to be rid of the pain and problems forever. The other of the castle after your recovery period is wonderful, wonderful, wonderufl!! Good luck.
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Newby LOST

Ohh...how I remeber the anxiety you are describing! Trust the rest of us who have gone before and know it DOES GET BETTER!!!! Truely the worst part is the wait!!!! I am so happy now and could kick myself for not doing it sooner!!! I planned a "going away" party for my uterus and ovaries and had such fun. It helped funnel some of the anxiety and gave me a chance to gather my pre and post menopasal friends together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Newby LOST

Many of the questions your family may have can be answered by going here. Pay special attention to the Pre and Post Articles (links provided) as they can be helpful to not only you but also to your caregivers.

Hope this helps....
Unread 08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Newby LOST

Make sure you buy lots of pillows.

Since you should not bend, if you can buy a "grabber" do that, or just watch the stuff go to the floor.

Bring a tummy pillow to the hospital.

Get a chair to put in the shower for when you can shower. Showering is tiring, but much better when you can sit.

Hope this helps.
Unread 09-01-2006, 05:27 AM
Newby LOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesimready
Im almost 1 yr recovered from TAH and I worried and worried about everything, if I was doing the right thing, should I cancel. I didnt find peace until that morning at the hospital when I just knew I was going to be not only ok but better. Everyone will tell you that the stress you are under now is going to be the worst part. Crying is ok if you find a release from it. Just remember you are in pain and going to be rid of the pain and problems forever. The other of the castle after your recovery period is wonderful, wonderful, wonderufl!! Good luck.
Thank you all. I'm sure some of my worries is because We tried the uterine ablation first, and I so wanted that to be my quick fix. But after all that I still had a period (20 days long) only to be put on the pill to get it to STOP. Then the next month I had 2 periods, along with another large ovarian cyst that was more painful then any I've had before. Well I'm sure glad I found all of you here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register