Newbie: hyst on 10/11/06 cancer cells Today is a Good Day. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie: hyst on 10/11/06 cancer cells Today is a Good Day. Newbie: hyst on 10/11/06 cancer cells Today is a Good Day.

Unread 12-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Newbie: hyst on 10/11/06 cancer cells Today is a Good Day.

Hi sisters,

I am a newbie. I didn't know that the emotions would be so hard to deal with. The great thing about my hyst, is that I am not hemorhaging anymore and I lost 35lbs. I am wondering if my uterus weighed 35lbs I wonder what other body part I can remove without dying and lose another 35lbs. LOL I lost my gall bladder already. You will have good days, great days, and wanna jump into a bowl of mash potatos with gravy days. Or maybe I am the only person that feels that way. The great thing too is that I use to be able to eat 2 large pizzas by myself when I am depressed. I found that I cannot even eat 4 slices. Good bye to the woman that is on my back all 165lbs of her, if I continue eating like that I will be rid of her in no time. I also found if you lose weight you can breath better. I didn't know that until I lost the 35lbs and gained 15lbs of water weight because of my blood pressure medicine running out. I am learning these things are important. Laughing makes everyday a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 07:18 PM

Sandiepooh,
Congratulations on your weight loss !!!!!
I feel like I have gained what you have lost !!!! If I don't go back to work soon I'm gonna be as big as a barn...I know that working shouldn't have anything to do with weight loss but it seems when I am idle I have less self control.. I know I can do it. And I will do it!!!!!
Keep up the great work...God Bless Becky
Unread 12-15-2006, 07:28 PM
hey

Apparently the weight loss fairy was very good to you!
I have an Idea......how bout you send her to me!!!!!!! I lost a whopping 5 pounds
Really, I'm happy you are doing so well, and becoming a healthier feeling princess! Good for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 07:34 PM

I have gained 8 lbs since my hyster....but as soon as the Holiday is over I'm back at losing myself. I lost last year 30 lbs..I do NOT want to gain it all back..8 already is too much.

Congrats on the loss!!!
Unread 12-15-2006, 08:27 PM

I can't explain my recent extra weight gain... I quit smoking too long ago now (6 months) for that to factor. Been walking about 2 miles almost every day for the past 5 months. Last week I finally had an athletic friend show me around our Community Gym, part of my dad's HOA membership. I am actually liking the elliptical skier thingie machine. I am also using the treadmill, the recumbent bike, and some of the weight machines. I haven't figured out how to target my belly/abs yet ...I am still a little tender and I never had muscles there to begin with! I think I have put on 15-20 lbs now. My weight was fairly stable after surgery and I didn't really gain weight until about 3-4 months afterwards. I stopped smoking at the time of my surgery.

Everyone is telling me that muscle weighs more than fat... but, I am not seeing any results, and I am having a harder time with my clothes not fitting right. They're too tight! I am eating about the same as I did before surgery (fairly healthy, but not 100%) and before surgery I did loose a couple pounds. (Maybe that was nerves?) Now that I finally have gotten off my arse I sure would like to see some results!
Unread 12-15-2006, 09:28 PM

Before I had my surgery I was over 300lbs, I think it was due to the 24 hour cleanse that I had to do the day before my surgery. I tell you, everything I ever ate was out of my body. Since then I have been losing weight. I think I am going to try another cleanse just so I can lose another 35lbs. Although I will do it safely, it does work. My cravings are weird. I don't like sweets too much but I have been eating a lot of chocolate, so I decided to change it to dark chocolate. I bought that book You on a diet waist management. I did it for one week and it's easy to do if you follow the program and the weight just melts off. I lost 7lbs. But the cleanse was the best thing I ever did. Doing one once a month helps your body to stay regular. I have to help my mother have one. My dream is to be a nutritionist and personal trainer but instead of charging people I want to help people for free. First, I have to lose weight and get myself healthy before I can help others. But if you wean yourself off stuff like one week limit your sweets to just once a day or once every 2 days and so on. until you really don't miss them. Nuts are fruits are so good they can really help with sugar cravings. Airpopped popcorn can help with that crunch you may miss but a good fuji or gala apple will do the same. Walk at least 30 mins a day or do some stretches. it helps get the blood flowing. I just want to say thank you all for your encouragement.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register