Davinci consult: Obesity: UPDATED 2013, surgery canceled - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Davinci consult: Obesity: UPDATED 2013, surgery canceled Davinci consult: Obesity: UPDATED 2013, surgery canceled

Unread 07-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Re: Davinci consult re: Obesity

Good Luck with your search!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Re: Does Davinci like BIG girls? I'm 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
You may need some more information from reliable sources--not media hype or ambulance chasers--to find out if that statement is fact or not.

You might want to read this study: Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: Outcomes in Obese and Morbidly Obese Patients

It concluded, "Robotic hysterectomy can be performed safely in obese and morbidly obese patients, with surgical outcomes and complications similar to those in nonobese patients."

Yale University School of Medicine has this to say about gynecological surgery: "Robotic–assisted laparoscopy overcomes many of the limitations of conventional laparoscopy. In our experience to date, the greatest benefit accrues with obese and morbidly obese patients, who accounted for 49% of our cases."

There are other medical facilities who agree that robotic-assisted surgery provides a safer alternative for obese patients.

Don't panic over some biased info you may have come across recently. Instead, take a deep breath and don't panic wait until you can talk to your doctor on Monday. He can share information based on his training and may be able to provide you with unbiased data to help you decide what you should do.

S
Infact I had a normal LVAH because as I am thin they said a Da Vinci wasn't neccesary and causes bigger scars .. where I live the Da Vinci is mainly practised on obese or fat women
Unread 04-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Davinci consult: Obesity: UPDATED 2013, surgery canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochalatte View Post
I've decided to cancel my DVH which was scheduled for 23 August 2013. I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THE PROCESS.

I WANT TO THANK THE WONDERFUL WOMEN ON THIS FORUM FOR ALL THEIR SUPPORT AND IDEAS

I'm just not sold on the Davinci for use on the morbidly obese. My GYN lacks confidence to do an open procedure on me at this weight (297).

I'm all signed up for Weight Loss Surgery and will hopefully get accepted and approved soon. If all works well maybe next year sometime my weight will be down closer to what I think the Davinci can handle. OR my GYN will be more comfortable with an open hysterectomy at a lesser weight.

Right now I'm post D&C and on Provera and my post menopausal bleeding is under control. If it gets bad again maybe I can have another D&C and handle the situation that way long enough to reduce my weight further.

I don't know if this plan will work, but it sure takes the stress off for now. If I don't succeed I may be back on this forum sooner than I plan. WISH ME LUCK.

MOCHALATTE
Have you gone to a gynecologist oncologist? They specialize in robotic surgeries. I am 260 and that is who is doing my surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register