Should I be worried? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I be worried? Should I be worried?

Unread 12-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Should I be worried?

I am 2 weeks post op today. My doc is on vacation, so no office staff to ask simple questions of. I had no spotting for almost a week, then yesterday I was spotting again. this the day after I had gotten up and around a little more. I folded towels, and one item at a time transfered one small load of laundry from the washer to the drier. Ohter than that no change in activity. I spotted after pooping, not particualrily strained, but since surgury I have felt discomfort when I do this. Spottig is just a little ting of pink, so not a lot. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should be worried enough to call the emergency contact line. Meanwhile, I am resting and drinking water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Should I be worried?

I had the same problem imapeg. In fact it continued for several weeks, and almost always after I extended my activity. Nothing major, but enough to show me something inside was being pulled.
I just made sure I balanced my rest periods after activity.
The spotting does stop, in my case it probably was about 4 weeks.
All the best.
Unread 12-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Should I be worried?

Oh the bleeding thing!!!! Spotting from what I understand is pretty normal, and then for others (like me) you can bleed very heavily with blood clots for days.. You are very early on and a little bit of too MUCH can cause you to bleed.. I think that if you are bleeding a little and NOT hurting along with it, then you are probally OK.. However, if you are bleeding and you are in Pain then you need to call the doctor ASAP.. The first time that I bleed after my surgery was at 4 weeks post op and I was pouring blood and clots and it was very heavy.. The oncall doctor told me to get off my feet lay down elevate my feet and if I didnt stop bleeding by the morning to go ahead and go see my doctor.. He said but you wont have to go see your doctor because you wont be bleeding in the morning.. Much to my surprise he was right, the next morning I wasnt bleeding.. (but i went to the doctor anyways).. I had busted a stitch and the doctor told me that I would heal on my own and not to get freaked out or surprised if it happened again, (he said cause it will).. anyways I know i am rambling... Truth is only you know if you need to call the doctor, you will know if you need too..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Should I be worried?

Personally, I would not be worried if it's small. I also started spotting a few days after I stopped, and I still am. Pinkish, orangeish, brownish...you name it, I had/have the color. I would worry if you bleed bright red blood again, or if you get alot of discharge or blood. I read that as long as you have your stitches, you'll spot, could be for awhile too.
Unread 12-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Should I be worried?

I can't remember who posted this, but I think I remember someone saying they spotted pinkish, no pain, no fever, but called in and it turned out to be a urinary tract infection and needed to be treated. I would be thinking of calling in, just to report your details, and see what they say.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register