just diagnosed comples hyperplasia with atypia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just diagnosed  comples hyperplasia with atypia just diagnosed comples hyperplasia with atypia

Unread 06-01-2008, 04:41 PM
just diagnosed comples hyperplasia with atypia

After several unsuccessful attempts at endo biospy &
D & C with several gyn over the past 10 months for abnormal bleeding, got diagnosis that I need a total hyster with lymph node dissect to properly stage. There would be two doctors in the OR - the minimally invas. surgeon who did the biopsy and the gyn oncologist who I have seen for ultrasounds. Has anyone received this recommended treatment and how did you feel post-op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2008, 04:50 PM

i didnt have a diagnosis like this but i want to wish you the best of luck with your surgery.
Unread 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM

Thank you for your good wishes - I don't have a date yet - but Dr. says I must have the surgery in the next few weeks. He is planning to do the hyst. laproscopically. I just found this site and would like some support from others who have gone through a similar diagnosis and procedure - I am extremely nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Hi MM,

I had the same diagnosis last year.

When I was originally diagnosed, it was on a thursday and they wanted to put me in the hospital on Monday and do the surgery. I refused. It was too quick.

Then my date was moved to late July. I went home and thought about it over the weekend and went back to my doctor and asked for a consult with a gyn/onc.

I saw a gyn/onc in Dallas, he said I could have lap surgery with my gyn at home, but if cancer was found, I'd have to come back to Dallas for a second surgery for staging. Or I could have abd. surgery in Dallas.

I went home and cried and started searching the net for another option.

I found a gyn/onc in Houston who did the DaVinci Hyst and got a referral to her. The soonest she could see me was on my surgery date in July! So the July date was cancelled and I made the 4 hour drive to Houston.

My surgery was 2 months after diagnosis due to scheduling conflicts. My doctor didn't feel that the wait was dangerous for my situation. The surgery overall went very well, I had an unusual complication of an arm that was nearly unusable postoperatively, but that was due to an old fracture I had. It's not something that most people would experience. I was able to use it again in a few days and by 2 weeks, I had almost full use.

I had my surgery on a Thursday (beginning to see a pattern here.. lol) and by Friday I was out of the hospital. Spent the night in a hotel near the medical center and husband drove me home the next day. I was eating a normal diet the day after surgery. I was walking in Walmart the Sunday afterwards.. NOT pushing a heavy cart.. but holding onto an empty one for support.

I was able to drive at 2weeks. I highly recommend a laprascopic surgery if it is appropriate. You will probably do very well.. you may experience a few bumps along the road to health, but over all, it is an easy surgery.

I found the recovery to be much easier than the c/sections I had 20 years ago when I was younger.

It's ok to be nervous.. I was a wreck before my surgery.

Best of luck to you.
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:40 PM

Best of luck to you!
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM

Good luck to you, I will keep you in my prays.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register