Nausea problem resolved! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nausea problem resolved! Nausea problem resolved!

Unread 06-06-2002, 10:20 AM
Nausea problem resolved!

Hi Ladies!

My nausea and constant low grade fever problems have been resolved! I had my gallbladder removed yesterday, and woke this morning with NO nausea for the first time since early February! (I've been very sick for at least 6 weeks--to the point of missing at least one to two days a week and having to work only half days when I did manage to drag myself to the office.)

I'm in some pain and am sore from the tips of my toes to the top of my head...lol....but I'm NOT NAUSEATED! I'll celebrate in a few days...lol

I guess you could call this a "dress rehearsal" for the hysterectomy that is only 5 weeks from today--35 more days, but then who's counting? LOL

I want to take a second to say THANK YOU to everyone here....this is such a wonderful place....I come here almost daily to read the posts and feel the love and support everyone is so willing to share.
And a very special thanks to all of you that have emailed me privately with your advice and support while I was trying to find out why I was staying so sick.

hugs....er....make that smiles for a few days...lol
Ria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2002, 11:47 AM
Nausea problem resolved!

Hi, Ria! Welcome home from the hospital, 1st trip! So sorry to hear you've been feeling sick for 6 weeks--that's no fun! And I'm sure it added to your misery on top of uterus problems. Hope you can recover completely and be feeling good before you have to go in for your hyst. You're going through a lot this year, but hopefully you'll be healthier and happier when you're recovered from everything! Many s (gentle ones!)
Ruthie
Unread 06-06-2002, 02:23 PM
Nausea problem resolved!

Hi Ruthie,

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate them!

I have to say that having the gallbladder surgery so close to the upcoming hysterectomy really worried me, but now that it's over, I'm extremely grateful! Also, I think it has helped to take some of the "fear factor" away for the hyst, especially since I'm new to Upstate New York and to this hospital.

I had a D&C and hysteroscopy done at this same hospital back in Feb, and every one was fabulous then. I even had some of the same staff for yesterday's gallbladder surgery and thanks to my "southern drawl" many of them remembered me! LOL Many of them were joking with me that since the hysterectomy will be my THIRD (SHEW) surgery in less than 5 months, I should qualify for a "punch card" that will entitle me to a 4th, free surgery...LOLOL....but I very happily declined such a service!! LOL

I did have a c-section for the birth of my son in 1984, so have been relying quite heavily on that experience to answer many of my own doubts and fears for the hyst, but I am/was feeling some uncertainty...but I guess this is to be expected. I know that this site has been a true God-send and a source of great help and strength!

Ok...I'm heading back to the couch for a much needed nap... :-)
Thanks, again!
Ria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register