3 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 06-25-2014, 07:11 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy

I had a total vaginal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago, and am finally feeling human.I went for my 2 week exam, everything looked good but I had developed a bacteria vaginosis which created a yeast infection,got meds for that, have 1 more day of antibiotics,then no more pills ! This has been quite a journey but best advice I can give is to rest, have questions call your Dr.and just have patience and know that it takes a long time for your body to heal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redelmo View Post
I had a total vaginal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago, and am finally feeling human.I went for my 2 week exam, everything looked good but I had developed a bacteria vaginosis which created a yeast infection,got meds for that, have 1 more day of antibiotics,then no more pills ! This has been quite a journey but best advice I can give is to rest, have questions call your Dr.and just have patience and know that it takes a long time for your body to heal!
How are u doing in regard to your anxiety. And what are you doing re hrt
Unread 08-04-2014, 09:08 AM

My anxiety attacks have gotten better,have 1 occasionly.i am on 2 mg.of estradiol and it is working gteat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redelmo View Post
My anxiety attacks have gotten better,have 1 occasionly.i am on 2 mg.of estradiol and it is working gteat.
Are u taking anything fr the anxiety other than the hrt
Unread 08-04-2014, 11:12 AM

No, i just try to work thru it, calm down, take deep breaths and just wait until it passes.
Unread 08-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy

I was taking 0.3 of premarin to start felt ok first few weeks occur anxiety but nothing bad. Then at 4 weeks had bacterial vaginosis saw pa see gave me metrogel fr bv and estrogel transdermal instead of premarin pills she said it was little higher dose and might wrk better. ..last week anxiety has been thru the roof.... just wondering if should go back to premarin. Increase dose of one or the other idk ......
Unread 08-04-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrenee62 View Post
I was taking 0.3 of premarin to start felt ok first few weeks occur anxiety but nothing bad. Then at 4 weeks had bacterial vaginosis saw pa see gave me metrogel fr bv and estrogel transdermal instead of premarin pills she said it was little higher dose and might wrk better. ..last week anxiety has been thru the roof.... just wondering if should go back to premarin. Increase dose of one or the other idk ......
I see my dr today spoke to him yesterday. We are suppose to talk about it today. .I'm afraid he leaves too much up to me.. Hot flashes have not been bad ....Some trouble sleeping at times but truthfully I want to stay in bed so I don't have to deal w anxiety. ....pa also put me on celexa 20 mg...and I've took a couple xanax .25 mg at times when anxiety was bad. my sister gave me.. i dont have rx fr them but I've taking them before. I just feel at my wits end here..i go back to work Saturday .....
Unread 08-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy

I had vaginosis which created yeast infection,got that taking care of,now feeling pretty good.i would talk to my dr.definetly about your anxiety,a friend takes zanex and that has helped alot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register