Insensitive OBGYN Offices | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insensitive OBGYN Offices Insensitive OBGYN Offices

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Insensitive OBGYN Offices

I went to see a new GYN for a second opinion for suspected endometriosis. I have not had a hysterectomy, but may at some point in the future as a last resort. Having children isn't really in the cards for me at this point. I'm 33 and my husband and I have decided not to have kids. I'm a mom to two great cats and a dog. But it still hurts to know I'll never hear a child calling me mom. I've been on continuous birth control to reduce the number of periods I have. After the appointment yesterday, I'm going to start Depo Provera in hopes of suppressing my periods.

What really upset me was how baby-oriented the waiting room was. One wall was covered with pictures of babies the Gynaecologists in the practice had delivered. On the wall across from me was an enormous ad for a baby portrait photographer. One table had a shadow box display you could order with gold molds of a baby's hands and feet.

A woman in the waiting room was 9 months pregnant and due that day. She saw a couple of people she knew there waiting and they were all making a fuss about her pregnancy and sharing pictures of their kids on their phones.

I realize that the primary job of Gynecologists is to deliver babies and that's why many of them choose that branch of medicine. However, they also diagnose endometriosis, infertility, cancer, etc. I find it to be really insensitive that this office was loaded with all things baby. I was wondering if others have noticed the same thing and feel the same way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Re: Insensitive OBGYN Offices (Babies and Pregnancy Mentioned)'

Mischief

I am sorry you have had to deal with this. One clarification, the primary job of an ob-gyn is to deliver babies. The primary job of a gyn is women's reproductive health. There are many gyns that don't do the baby thing. I would highly recommend finding one that is justna gynecolgist.

Sending you as you do a search and find a gyn.
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Re: Insensitive OBGYN Offices

When I was waiting in the prep area for my procedure, the hysterectomy via davinci, I noticed there were Anna Gedes pictures of babies all over the place. My family is complete but had I not been able to have children, I would have insisted they remove those. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register