Upcoming hysterectomy 9/20: Hospital and doctor Pre-op?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 9/20: Hospital and doctor Pre-op?? Upcoming hysterectomy 9/20: Hospital and doctor Pre-op??

Unread 09-13-2016, 05:04 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 9/20: Hospital and doctor Pre-op??

I see on my 1 week checklist from hystersisters something about a Hospital pre-op should occur this week. I've not been told I need to do this. My DOCTOR pre-op is Friday, 9- 16. Is hospital pre-op something everyone automatically does before surgery or will the doctor pre-op suffice?Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Re: Hospital and doctor Pre-op??

I'm having my docs appt preop today then I have to go over to the hospital & prop with them . My surgery is Friday , I guess every doctor does it different .
Good luck
Unread 09-13-2016, 05:12 AM

Thanks Cajunlady. Maybe that's what will happen for me too. Who knows. Just when I think I'm pretty clear on everything then I learn something I haven't thought of. Lol. Hope yours goes well. I'll be just a few days behind you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2016, 05:58 AM

Our hospital requires preop before every surgery. I had my hysterectomy 3-29 and had to go to the hospital to pre-register and have pre-op blood work and ekg done and go over instructions, in addition to the preop with my surgeon. Same thing for an adhesion surgery in July. And having ovaries removed in 3 weeks, I go the week before to the hospital for the labs again.
Unread 09-13-2016, 06:00 AM

I had two separate appointments, but they were the same day. Several hours apart because I couldn't get back-to-back time slots. For me, the hospital called to set up their part.

Give your doc's office a call to clarify whether there's a separate pre-op for the hospital.

Unread 09-13-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkib2016 View Post
Our hospital requires preop before every surgery. I had my hysterectomy 3-29 and had to go to the hospital to pre-register and have pre-op blood work and ekg done and go over instructions, in addition to the preop with my surgeon. Same thing for an adhesion surgery in July. And having ovaries removed in 3 weeks, I go the week before to the hospital for the labs again.
Thanks for the comment! I guess I'll call the hospital in a bit to make sure I do everything right. Nobody's told me much other than come to my pre-op with my gynocolegist on Friday. I had to even call my gynocolegist last week to ask what medicine to stop. They didn't tell me anything unless I ask. This is really adding to my anxiety!
Unread 09-13-2016, 06:35 AM

I had a pre-op with my surgeon 3 weeks before my surgery, when we discussed the surgery, and I signed the consent forms, and filled out all the other paoerwork. I had a separate pre-op with the hospital, the day before my surgery, when I had the required bloodwork and a few other tests, and had an opportunity to meet the anaesthesiologist, and to discuss any last-minute concerns. As for what medications and supplements to stop, we have an article on that - perhaps one of our hostesses or sunshine sisters can link you there - or you can check with your surgeon. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!
Unread 09-13-2016, 06:35 AM

I have pre-op today and surgery Thursday. All docs do it different. I haven't really been worried until today. Breakfast is not setting well on my stomach.
Unread 09-13-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_Eye View Post
I had a pre-op with my surgeon 3 weeks before my surgery, when we discussed the surgery, and I signed the consent forms, and filled out all the other paoerwork. I had a separate pre-op with the hospital, the day before my surgery, when I had the required bloodwork and a few other tests, and had an opportunity to meet the anaesthesiologist, and to discuss any last-minute concerns. As for what medications and supplements to stop, we have an article on that - perhaps one of our hostesses or sunshine sisters can link you there - or you can check with your surgeon. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery!
Thanks..I do know what meds and supplements to stop only because i had to call and ask. The doctor's office hasn't told me anything unless I ask. Just makes me nervous because if i don't ask things or not know what to ask then I don't know. What if they're forgetting to tell me lots of things. I'm just getting nervous and paranoid. My Pre op with my doctor/ surgeon is only 4 days before surgery. If I'd waited until then to ask about what meds and supplements to stop, for example,then my surgery would've been delayed. Just scared that it will be delayed!
Unread 09-13-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlmaynes View Post
I have pre-op today and surgery Thursday. All docs do it different. I haven't really been worried until today. Breakfast is not setting well on my stomach.
I feel for you! I'm getting that way too and not sleeping well either. Won't you be glad to get it over with?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register