From another cancer message board | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

From another cancer message board From another cancer message board

Unread 04-20-2005, 09:20 AM
From another cancer message board

I saw this fall 2004 post from an OvCa survivor then experiencing a recurrence. Excellent suggestions!

I am a 53 year young wife and mother of two.
I just passed my two year mark from my last chemo. I was diagnosed in Jan. '02 with stage IV Ovarian Cancer. It had gone into my lung and my CA 125 was about 400. Since ending my chemo my CA125 stayed pretty much in the single digits until six months ago. It then hit 17, then popped up to 31. In the meantime I had a CT and it showed a single 2" mass. Four months later it had grown slightly. Biopsy showed a return of the cancer. So, now I "know the ropes" so to speak and will get back on chemo. BYE,BYE hair, taste and appetite. Also, bye bye to social gatherings for the sake of staying away from diseases. (winter is coming). But, I can do this; I did it before. I am getting my ducks in a row such as getting my house clean and my son's teachers aware of what is happening so they are easier on him in school. I get my funny videos lined up and a few good friends that don't mind wearing a surgical mask if necessary to visit me. I will take my compazine and my supplements (no anti-oxidants during chemo). I will quit sugar too; but fruit will be my main sweet. I will eat well, drink a lot of water and laugh a lot and be thankful for the Lord and his mercy and grace on me. Oh, and I will be thankful for the churchs that are praying for me. I will enjoy my sons (ages 20 and 13). I will adore my husband and let him dote on me. I have many beautiful wigs and hats and I look good in them all. I will stay possitive. I will live life abundantly and look forward-not backward. I will care about others more than myself and put my trust in the One who made me, loves me and gave his all for me. What more could I ask? If the blues try and creep up on me I will not let them. This is my life and I will not let any negative thing overcome me. When the chemo needle goes in I will joke with my nurse as my friends pray for me. I will try and bless the other women in the room and tell them how good they look and touch their arm when I shuffle by with my chemo pole to go to the bathroom. I'll share jokes with them if they want to hear them too. I will refuse to get stressed and I will read my Bible and believe it. God loves us and the best is yet to come. I will also keep my ear to the ground for the latest and greatest treatments. Maybe I will look into the new vaccine trial that is in vogue now. My friend had it and she is showing cancer resistance in her tests. Yes, after this round of chemo I will try that. Maybe. Has anyone had experience with trials like the vaccine? Do you have details?

Mary D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2005, 07:01 PM

What a lovely attitude. I hope I can remember it through all this!
Unread 04-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Thank you

for posting this ... I needed it this morning before I go off to chemo #2. I've been so worried that this darned low white blood count will give me a worse time of it. But reading this has put me in a positive mood.

Had my hair buzzed yesterday ... my wig, bandanna, caps are ready....here I come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2005, 05:13 AM

Maxime..You go girl!
XOXO
K9
Unread 04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
just what I needed

Thanks for sharing that wonderful post.
I had Chemo #6 this afternoon and have been feeling alittle
depressed today. Reading the post was inspirational and just what I needed right now.

Sugar

Unread 04-22-2005, 05:51 PM

Seashell
Thanks for passing Mary D's resolutions on to us in HysterSisters. Reading them, I tried to reflect on her optimisim and resiliency. What strength she was trying to visualize for herself. And since this would be her second round of chemo, not the first, how well she knew that her treatment would affect her in so many ways, and of course, how she could perhaps push against its negative side effects by being so positive.

I wondered how I have shown similar strengths in my cancer journey of only two months so far. And how I will do when undergoing radiation (which I know is much less severe on us than chemo).

I feel like framing this, it's so inspirational. ~susie
Unread 04-22-2005, 07:32 PM

Susie, I'm seashell / Mary D. The post was from an unknown woman on another message board

http://www.cancercompass.com/

It's not a terribly active board because, I believe, the mechanics of it are not well set up.

Mary D.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register