new and a bit frightened... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new and a bit frightened... new and a bit frightened...

Unread 02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
new and a bit frightened...

Hi, I'm Kitty. I am a 51 y/o married lady, who works in the ministry. I had my last period over 3 years ago, but started bleeding, cramping, and clotting 4 days ago. I have seen my doctor and have been referred to GYN.

I have polycystic overies, have had cervical dysplasia, I'm an insulin dependent diabetic, overweight, smoker (quit date 2/8/10), among other risk factors.

I'm frightened of the prospect of what they might find, and I'm frightened of surgery, but hopeful that a surgery might help my bladder issues and other female issues I've had for years.

My doctor feels that a hysterectomy is a very real possiblity for me, given my history and current health issues.

I found you girls while searching for more information on the procedure.
Thanks for being here.
Kitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Re: new and a bit frightened...

Hi Kris!

I am so glad you found us. I just had my hyst done last Monday 1/25. I found this site right before mine - a few weeks before. There is a lot of support here and you can ask all kinds of questions. There is a pre-op chat tonight if that interests you to join. You can see it on the right side of your screen, I think. There is a lot of information on this site for you to gather. I wish you the best and feel free to express your feelings here. We will all be here for you!
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM

Hi Kitty. I am 55. Welcome to HysterSisters. It has been my lifeline since the beginning of January when it became apparent that a hysterectomy was in my future. I had not had a period for several months, then a week or so before Christmas started a period that just got gradually worse and worse. Finally I ended up in the ER and tests showed that I had lost 2/3 of the hemoglobin in my blood. I was put on bed rest until surgery could be scheduled - and given hormones to stop the bleeding. The bleeding never stopped completely and I had surgery on Jan 13 - ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix. I had a lot of fibroid tumors in ovaries and uterus and I am so glad to be rid of everything. It's a HUGE surgery - don't underestimate what it will take to recover. It takes a lot of time to recover - but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now and am so happy that my risk of cancer is now diminished dramatically not to mention the benefits of being done with periods. We'll all be here to support you through your journey. Keep in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Welcome Kitty!!

Having these problems can be overwhelming, but you will find so much information and friendship at this website, that it makes it all easier to bear. Everyone here is very understanding and helpful.

My surgery will be on Feb. 18th. I had postmenopausal bleeding.

Good luck to you. Sending you smiles and star filled wishes ~~ StarryNite
Unread 02-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Do most women with postmenopausal bleeding have hysterectomies? Did you get diarhea with the bleeding? I have flying ax handle poops, too
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:28 PM

I haven't had any trouble with diarrhea.

Good luck with your quitting the cigs. You're going to have a brand new you this year!!

Have a nice weekend ~~ StarryNite

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register