New Here - TAH scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Here - TAH scheduled New Here - TAH scheduled

Unread 07-26-2008, 07:09 PM
New Here - TAH scheduled

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking and reading here for sometime now. I am scheduled for TAH on August 28th. I'm not really nervous yet, but I am sure I will be as the time gets closer. I am hoping to do as well as I did with my 2 C-sections (1 in August 1995 and 1 in November 1997). Anyone here have similar results from a c-section as a hysterectomy?
I am looking soooo forward to no more pain and heavy bleeding. I have had the Mirena IUD since December 2007 to help stop the bleeding, and it did help keep it from being so heavy, but I have still bled for 2-3 weeks out of the month.....just not real heavy.
Looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all, as I wait for the BIG day.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2008, 07:26 PM
New Here - TAH scheduled

Hi Linda and

We’re happy you joined the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited cyber-hugs to dispense and experiences to share with you at every stage of your journey to good health!

If you haven’t already done so, please do yourself a favor and register to receive Hysterectomy Checkpoints. It’s one of the best features of the site, in my opinion -- designed to accompany you through the entire hysterectomy experience from start to finish, and beyond!

You can take the opportunity to prepare yourself for what’s ahead by reading the Pre-Op Articles.

Through the years, hundreds of women have shared their personal suggestions in Hints for Your Hysterectomy that you may also want to peruse.

Rest assured you have come to the right place. Best wishes as you prepare for your trip to the Castle!
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
New Here - TAH scheduled

Welcome Welcome! I found this site last week and it is the best time use of time I've ever spent on the internet.

I feel so much better prepared to talk to my doctor, the nurses once I'm at the castle, and my family when I'm back home.

I just wanted to encourage you to spend some time reading the links posted above. It will take some time to get through it but it is so so so worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2008, 07:40 PM
New Here - TAH scheduled

Welcome.
Sorry, I can't answer your questions because I've not had a C-section or a hysterectomy. I have had a bladder lift and that included an abdominal incision. But they didn't remove anything and they certainly didn't shut of my supply of estrogen. So, I imagine things will be much different, with the exception of the incision.
Unread 07-27-2008, 04:30 PM
New Here - TAH scheduled

Thanks for the welcome Bizet Woman and tigs! I have been here reading for about three weeks or so, and I have learned soooo much. The info is great. I am so glad I found this site!
Unread 07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
New Here - TAH scheduled

I will say that in my honest opinion I have had about the same type of recovery from my TAH as my C-section. Granted, the C-section was 15 years ago and memories do fade over time, but one thing is I have not had to care for a newborn while recovering now, plus I have had much more help with the TAH than the C-section (I was young and stupid and didn't know about the damage that could be done by doing too much back then).

With the TAH, I knew what to expect with an abdominal incision, what to do to start urinating again after a cathether, expecting constipation / gas and what to do to combat it (this was the one thing that was most challenging, thankfully it's not an issue anymore).

Went into the C-section as an emergency and had never had abdominal surgery before.

You will see many opinions here, and there are so many factors that differentiate our surgeries too. I had a very straightforward surgery but had adhesions that had to be removed from my bowel also. My recovery has been excellent. You will see women who had major repairs and difficult recoveries from these.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register