abdominal numbness - need input ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abdominal numbness - need input ! abdominal numbness - need input !

Unread 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM
abdominal numbness - need input !

Hi !

Hoping to gain some knowledge from those who are further out than me.

I had a total Davinci Hyst on 07/20/12. I am 10 days out and doing ok. Everything was taken out vaginally ...I still have tubes and ovaries.

My doctor and I don't communicate well and had I realized this I would have found someone else. He is no good at answering my questions.

I saw him post op today and I have a couple of issues he didnt address really.

I had no problem with the catheter. I actually had to demand that they take it out the next morning because I had to pee so bad !!! I drink tons of water. However, in the last two days I feel a pain at the end of voiding. My UA was normal but they are sending it for a culture. My urine also smells ...weird ? I can't describe it....mediciney ??? Is this normal 10 days out ?
He also felt inside and told me I may still bleed even though I haven't seen a single drop or wipe since surgery. I don't understand why we might bleed in weeks two and three ????
Lastly, My abdomen hurts on the left side ...nothing to do with the incisions. It is a twisting pain and I can't get up from sitting very well because of it. Is this normal at this stage ? I can't bend over ...not that I would want to !
I also have a large area of numbness. Above my pelvic bone and all of that area between there and my navel is desensitized some. He just said it wasn't normal but "we'll see what happens in a month" ...what does THAT mean ???? Ugh. Could it be nerve damage ? Anyone else had this ?
Thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Re: abdominal numbness - need input !

I can't feel my whole belly on the surface. It could take years to come back. The twisting could be nerves or are you ovulating? I never bled after day three.
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM

Thanks for respondIng. Its a pain that has been there since surgery. A burning,twisting pain. I touch the skin and it even hurts but doesn't look bad or anything.

My numbness isnt in any areas that they cut...could that still be from my incisions ? It's the area below them. I was thinking that maybe they damaged nerves taking my uterus and cervix out. Could that be ?

One other thing....my doc says my danger of blood clots has passed being ten days out. I have always heard the period is much longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM

Spotting may happen if they removed cervix as stitches will come out vaginally from vaginal cuff. I am numb between incision ( I had abdominal) and pelvic area. So it might be normal. I itch and scratching does nothing lol cause i cant feel belly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register