Internal examinations and other weird things.. | The Road Less Traveled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Internal examinations and other weird things.. Internal examinations and other weird things..

Unread 06-19-2017, 04:50 AM
Internal examinations and other weird things..

Hi Ladies ,

**warning tmi post**

Just wondering if anyone hasn't had any internals done or any sort of vaginal after care after their hyster ? I haven't and am wondering if I should just as precaution?
My hysterectomy was due to placenta Previa and bleeding out. Ended up with a vertical incision and a prem son. Had total with both ovaries in tact. No signs or symptoms that point directly to early
Menopause (I was 28 at time- now 32.)
I only ask as I have had mild to moderate pressure /ache down there and it's a recent thing . My other symptoms are little to no sex drive , issues occasionally with constipation, severe back pain (medicated for) I also think that I have tummy muscle seperation (which would explain the increase of pain in back with no core being left I guess ). I also have topped the scale at 220 lbs ( actually nearly double what I was prior to pregnancy and hysterectomy).

I get general blood tests every six months to see where I am at hormone and thyroid wise.

I guess I am asking if any ladies out there are experiencing these things or similar, if so how did you go about talking to doctor about them. I'm not one to complain - I mean I'm truely lucky to be alive ... I guess now my quality of
Life is being affected in more then one way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Re: Internal examinations and other weird things..

I'm sorry you are having issues now. Usually it's a good idea to have a well woman check yearly to discuss symptoms and have an exam to check for vaginal, ovarian (if you have them), breast, hormone, and general female/GYN issues. I see my GYN but I used to see a family practice Dr for my well woman care. I would report all of what you've mentioned here at the visit. I hope you get some answers to your issues, let us know how you are doing.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register