Bleeding after sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after sex Bleeding after sex

Unread 04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Bleeding after sex

First - I thought today was 6 weeks and it's only 5 weeks. I had sex - not for very long but now I am spotting/bleeding. Noting too heavy but still worried. I has a TAH-BSO - my doctor said nothing about a vaginal cuff but I am reading on here about it.

I saw him last week for a check up and he didnt even do a vaginal exam - if I had this cuff wouldn't he have done this?

Should I worry about the bleeding? OMG the stories are bad about this....help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Re: Bleeding after sex

Hi Allie, I would call your dr expecially because of the bleeding, you may develop an infection.

My gyn did a internal exam at my 6 week checkup. She told me not to have sex till 10 weeks (only because she just had a patient that got a small hole after sex and it got infected).

Hugs and well wishes
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Re: Bleeding after sex

Hi allieoops
I don't think it's too unusual for a dr not to mention that you might have a vaginal cuff. It's a technical term and some drs just don't go there with patients. If you had your cervix removed then you have to have a cuff. Some drs don't do an internal exam either.

I agree that the wisest thing to do is to call your dr and let him know what happened. I hope it's not a big problem for you, but it would seem you aren't completely healed. Try not to worry too much. If you had torn your cuff you would be in quite a bit of pain and most likely would have more bleeding. I hope your dr will get you in and check things out to be sure everything is ok. Don't hesitate to say you would be comforted if he would take a look if they don't think it needs done. You have every right to peace of mind about this issue.

Let us know what you find out.
Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register