dVH/RALH One week post hysterectomy: Trying to relax | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post hysterectomy: Trying to relax One week post hysterectomy: Trying to relax

Unread 10-27-2014, 02:52 PM
One week post hysterectomy: Trying to relax

so it's almost a week I had my surgery and for some reason it don't feel like I had major surgery except when I reposition myself in bed. It's very hard to just relax because I have always been the caregiver of my family which consist of my 2 sons, hubby and grandfather, I almost feel guilty getting them to do everything and getting friends to help with meals. My hubby won't let me walk downstairs so I'm stuck in my room, I am just not used to being still because I'm an active person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Re: Trying to relax

I was just telling my niece the exact same thing last night! I do everything for my family and it is hard because they don't do the things like I do. But I also know it is very important to take it easy so we can have a recovery with perfect outcomes. I had my surgery almost three weeks ago and I see my doctor the following Monday, I will know then how well I am doing. Be strong because I know they can't wait till you are in charge again!
Unread 10-27-2014, 03:41 PM

Your hubby won't let you walk downstairs? If you feel well enough, you should be walking a bit, and stairs aren't the enemy! Just go slowly, make sure you aren't dizzy, etc. I went down our deck stairs and walked around the yard a bit, I was starting to go stir-crazy staying in the house. Can't imagine having to stay in one room! It's been almost a week since your surgery, when is your hubby going to lift your restrictions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2014, 04:21 PM

I know right, he's just being over protective. I walk around upstairs so I get a tiny bit of walking. My husband along with my mother thinks I should give it a week till I encounter the stairs again. Believe it or not I'm really not interested in staying down there I just want to move around a little bit more. We remodeled our bedroom and bathroom so that I would have a nice place to recover and I absolutely love it so I will make it downstairs eventually
Unread 10-27-2014, 05:08 PM

What does you dr say? You do need to be walking around, and doing circles around your bedroom probably it's difficult to walk much. Don't you want to have people to talk to instead of being stuck in your room? I would not let what they say keep me in my room! You don't have to lay around and rest 24/7 unless that's what you want to do. There are plenty of things that you can do that aren't restricted, if you don't know what you can do, call your dr! Good luck!
Unread 10-27-2014, 05:18 PM
One week post hysterectomy: Trying to relax

OK I'm going to say this with love and respect. Maybe your husband and family know you well enough to know that if you venture out of your room you will begin to clean and take care of your loved ones just the way you like it done. I know when I got down stairs to my kitchen in the 1st weeks I always over did it. Just a new way of looking at things

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register