11 more days!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 more days!! 11 more days!!

Unread 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
11 more days!!

Happy New Year to all! I'm having an abdominal hyst on Jan 11th... hoping to keep one ovary in the process! Surgery was scheduled about a month ago and time has been dragggggggggging! I am so excited about getting rid of these fibroids! I have such a poochy belly and extreme cramps...often in my lower back..grrrr... It's very encouraging to read how others feel so much better after their surgery. I'm counting the hours...having a celebratory pedicure and facial the week before surgery. Hope the polish lasts a long time! hehehe Hopefully the next few days will fly by!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 07:09 PM
11 more days!!

Wishing You well..I to had Fibroids and Back Pain..No More...YEA....I am doing ok..still a little sore...but My Back Is Not hurting like it was..and The Dr told DH my uterus was swollen 3 times bigger..waiting to get pathology report..But the waiting is really the Hardest...You will feel better!!! Hugs and prayers to You..Beve
Unread 12-31-2005, 07:14 PM
11 more days!!

Hey Sister,
My surgery is the same day! I can't wait! I'm on my period now so this will be the last gusher for me!
I can't wait to get my pedicure and now that you mention it, I think I will get a facial too!
We will have to keep in touch with each other! Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 10:34 PM
11 more days!!

Oh, I ws trying sooo hard to forget. YIKES. Can I send a camera in with me? Weird, I know. Just curious. Jan, where are you from?
Unread 01-01-2006, 12:51 PM
11 more days!!

Good luck sisters! Now that it's January, we can't say "next month" anymore...let's stay in touch and give progress reports..hugs!
~Kel
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:04 AM
11 more days!!

Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that the waiting it the hardest part, as you probably have already heard. I had 2 weeks to prepare and I can't imagine waiting a month! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I am 4 wks post op (LAVH) and I feel great! Thought I'd share that with you, maybe help ease the nerves?!
Wishing You All the Best during your surgery and recovery!
Laurie
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:12 AM
11 more days!!

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for Jan 10th. I love the idea of a pedicure & facial. Think I'll join in on doing that too! I know that each day I'm getting more nervous. I've been scheduled since early-mid Nov. I know that the anticipation is always very hard no matter what you're waiting for. My pre-op appt is tomorrow (1/3). Hopefully, I'll get more answers & information.

((hugs))
Pam
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Manicure/pedicure caution

I'm still 6 weeks away from surgery. My doctor sent me a pamphlet that says no nail polish. Here's the statement: "Remove any nail polish. Your nails are monitored to identify proper blood and oxygen circulation during surgery." Enjoy the pampering and best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery.

Holly
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:58 PM
11 more days!!

Hi Katiehood, I'm from Fresno California, where are you from?
Maybe you could email me or PM me because I might forget to check this thread,
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:25 PM
11 more days!!

HI All!!
Happy New Year to everyone and to a more healthy one at that too!!!
I too go to the castle on the 11th. I know I am getting more nervous about it even tho I am comfortable with the idea. Have focused on the pain afterwards for some reason and that is bothering me a little. Have never had susrgery of any kind before so this is new territory indeed. Just bought my swelly belly band a few minutes ago so I guess it is really official now. I am pretty sure I will have a binder after surgery so the sbb is okay with my doc. I will be having a TAH/BSO with lymph node sampling and cystocele repair. I found out Nov. 13th that I have endometerial cancer. Forget the correct name right now. I find it hard to believe that I am a cancer patient now. Thank goodness it is Stage 1 as far as the orginal path report stated. I feel good, no pain, no bleeding nothing. I almost feel like a cheat with most of you having so much pain and bleeding. Care to hear a little story about how I found this problem. I'll make it as short as I can. We eat out at a local restaurant quite a bit and 3 days before Halloween the manager said he would give us a free if we cam in costume. My antennae went out!! Came home and started digging for my costumes, have 2 I have made. Whichever was found first was it. I sew, have a lot of fabric and it was flying. That night I started spotting, no big deal, it wasn't much. Was going to ignore it. Had a hard BM 2 days after Halloween, gushed once, and everything stopped bleeding. Went to Dr. next day, ultrasound ordered for next day. Saw a gyn on the Monday after Halloween and had a D&C on 11/9. Got the news on 11/13 and ya'll can guess the rest of the process. Now you see why I feel like a cheat around here. But this will be done and I will be better for it. Besides nothing was working anyway!!
Sorry this is so long with hush now.
AdriaL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register