pre-op concerns, incision through stretch marks, uterine didelphis w double cervix | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op concerns, incision through stretch marks, uterine didelphis w double cervix pre-op concerns, incision through stretch marks, uterine didelphis w double cervix

Unread 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
pre-op concerns, incision through stretch marks, uterine didelphis w double cervix

I am new to the group. I have a total hysterectomy sched. for 2/12/08. My concerns and questions include (but i'm sure will not be limited to in the coming days)....

I am overweight. I have many large stretch marks in the lower abdominal area where the incision will be. I have asked for a vertical incision to avoid a delay in healing from my belly roll. 2nd horizontal c-section incision took weeks to heal. I would like some advice or information on a vertical incision and how others with large stretch marks have healed. It is my hope the Dr. will be able to go above the fold and wonder if anyone has had an incision higher on the abdomen than usual.

I enjoy a terrific sex life with my partner. He and I are concerned about my ability to orgasm both in a vaginal way as well as a clitoral orgasm. They are both great, but very different sensations for me. I feel my uterus contract strongly when I orgasm and wonder/worry if this hysterectomy will dampen or hinder my ability to orgasm. The Dr. has told us that orgasm is all about the pelvic floor and not the uterus. Does anyone have experience with this?

I also have a huge concern about having my cervices removed. I am a DES daughter with a uterine didelphys and double cervix as well as a short vaginal septum. Any experience here with that? Dr. does not seem concerned and has preformed hysterectomies on women with similar anomalies.

This is lengthy.. I do appreciate any and all feedback. Can you tell I'm nervous? My surgery is 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
pre-op concerns, incision through stretch marks, uterine didelphis w double cervix

I'm sorry your facing a hysterectomy, but you've come the very best place to be while you research and prepare! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you regarding your own situation, but I don't. I had a vaginal hysterectomy so I didn't have to contend with an abdominal incision. I can share my personal experience with post hysterectomy intimacy for myself and my DH. It continues to be very satisfying and neither of us can tell a difference. My orgasms are very intense and seem to last a little longer for me.

I hope everything goes very smoothly for you! Wander around the site and do some reading. There's a ton of wonderful information available to you here and just a click of the mouse away!

s, Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register